Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 04:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What's a good estimate of my Real GMAT score? :'(

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

What's a good estimate of my Real GMAT score? :'( [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2011, 20:11
Hey guys, i have signed up for the Kaplan Course and i must say the course helped me out quite a bit. I did a lot of practices and i am now scoring between 600-630 in the Kaplan Practice Tests. This score honestly scares me to death... However, i heard some people are saying that the Kaplan tests are harder than the real test... so i just want to know where i really stand.
Thank you in advance
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2326

Kudos [?]: 9462 [0], given: 3702

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: What's a good estimate of my Real GMAT score? :'( [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2011, 20:23
Expert's post
tam421602 wrote:
Hey guys, i have signed up for the Kaplan Course and i must say the course helped me out quite a bit. I did a lot of practices and i am now scoring between 600-630 in the Kaplan Practice Tests. This score honestly scares me to death... However, i heard some people are saying that the Kaplan tests are harder than the real test... so i just want to know where i really stand.
Thank you in advance

The really really really best way is to take a GMAT prep if you have one handy. Otherwise assume you are around the same score (600-630) on the Real GMAT until you can take a GMAT Prep (take it with AWA by the way to get the absolutely clear/correct picture).

how much do you need?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: What's a good estimate of my Real GMAT score? :'( [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2011, 20:25
Thx for the reply, my target is between 680-700.
This test has really been stressing me out. I usually get around a 5 in my Essay portion. Sighhhh
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 607 [0], given: 114

Re: What's a good estimate of my Real GMAT score? :'( [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2011, 21:59
Can you please be more specific about which Kaplan tests you are taking? Are they on a CD? are they part of the online program? I just finished a Kaplan course (on-site) and took 7 of the 9 online CAT tests. I found them to be very representative of my actual score, and types of questions. Verbal was slighly harder then the real test.

Some of the older tests from the CDs and online were aparently much harder, but this seemed to be corrected in 2010. They were approx 100 points below what you could expect. Since then, the more recent tests are much more representative. Here are my tests (all Kaplan):

Diag: 570
CAT 2 - 600
CAT 3 - 640
CAT 4 - 620
CAT 5 - 680
CAT 6 - 650
CAT 7 - 690
Actual GMAT - 710

Worrying will not help your score, in fact, being positive and feeling confident will really help you. Keep studying. Every hour you put in could cover that one topic, or reinforce that one concept that could bump you up. 3-4 more questions right on g-day could put you at 700! 630 is strong, your not far away. Best of luck!

PS - A 5 on AWA is all you need. It is generally accepted that anything over a 4 is great, and will not give you any added benefit on g-day. Don't worry about the essay b/c it sounds like you are at an acceptable level.

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Intern
Intern

Re: What's a good estimate of my Real GMAT score? :'( [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2011, 22:14
I am currently taking their GMAT Advanced - Anywhere Program

I have actually took all 9 of the practice tests and my scores ranges from 600-630.

I just looked into the GMATPREP Test about an hour ago and i am now going over their practice problems. So far, i have completed the SC section and the PS section and i got 13/15 in SC and 15/15 in PS. So yeah... i am not sure how else i can bump my score higher. I honestly hope my 630 in Kaplan can bring me to at least a 680 in the Real GMAT.

Thx again!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: What's a good estimate of my Real GMAT score? :'( [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2011, 22:23
Expert's post
GMAT prep is as close as it gets to the real thing. They have 2 tests - use them wisely. You can retake them but then you will be getting repeats and that will inflate your score quite a bit.

There is also PowerPrep (older version) but it has overlap between the two and the algorithm is outdated (though good anyway if you have burned up your GMAT Preps)

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

GMAT Forum Moderator
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: What's a good estimate of my Real GMAT score? :'( [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2011, 05:11
Bb,
You mentioned powerprep has an overlap between the two , which two are you talking about ? The 2 gmatprep tests ?

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: What's a good estimate of my Real GMAT score? :'( [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 12:45
This post received
KUDOS
i just took the gmat and i'd say the gmatprep gives a pretty good estimate of your real score

in my case:
gmat prep test 1, taken on sunday: 720
gmat prep test 2, taken tuesday: 730
Actual gmat score, taken wednesday: 720
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: What's a good estimate of my Real GMAT score? :'( [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 13:22
Expert's post
georgepaul0071987 wrote:
Bb,
You mentioned powerprep has an overlap between the two , which two are you talking about ? The 2 gmatprep tests ?

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit

Yes - overlap between gmat prep and power prep.

Founder of GMAT Club

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: What's a good estimate of my Real GMAT score? :'( [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 13:22
Expert's post
gimexgime wrote:
i just took the gmat and i'd say the gmatprep gives a pretty good estimate of your real score

in my case:
gmat prep test 1, taken on sunday: 720
gmat prep test 2, taken tuesday: 730
Actual gmat score, taken wednesday: 720

Congratulations! Well Done!

Founder of GMAT Club

Re: What's a good estimate of my Real GMAT score? :'(   [#permalink] 07 Dec 2011, 13:22