Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 09 Jul 2014, 16:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What's a typical class schedule like for FT MBA program?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: University of Washington, Boston University
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

What's a typical class schedule like for FT MBA program? [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2011, 04:44
I know each program will vary considerably, but I'm trying to see how feasible it would be to keep my current job, or handle another job, while going for my MBA. So what are some people's class schedules like?

I've looked for days and haven't found an actual schedule listed anywhere, for any program. How many days a week do most people go, and is there some freedom with when you can schedule your classes? For example has anyone been able to schedule all of your classes over two days, or all mornings/afternoons etc? I am lucky enough to have a job where I can work 24 hours a day 7 days a week so even if I had to work weekends and overnights I could.

The specific schools I'm considering are Boston University, Boston College, Northeastern University, University of Washington Foster and a few other similar schools. Just need to decide it I can go FT or if I'll be forced to go PT.

Thanks
VP
VP
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 190 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: What's a typical class schedule like for FT MBA program? [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2011, 10:21
cecid wrote:
I know each program will vary considerably, but I'm trying to see how feasible it would be to keep my current job, or handle another job, while going for my MBA. So what are some people's class schedules like?

I've looked for days and haven't found an actual schedule listed anywhere, for any program. How many days a week do most people go, and is there some freedom with when you can schedule your classes? For example has anyone been able to schedule all of your classes over two days, or all mornings/afternoons etc? I am lucky enough to have a job where I can work 24 hours a day 7 days a week so even if I had to work weekends and overnights I could.

The specific schools I'm considering are Boston University, Boston College, Northeastern University, University of Washington Foster and a few other similar schools. Just need to decide it I can go FT or if I'll be forced to go PT.

Thanks

For a lot of schools classes are usually held Monday-Thursday starting in the mornings and ending early afternoons. The afternoons and evenings are spent in group projects, networking events, and recruiting events. Because of the structured schedule, there is little flexibility as far as scheduling classes. Every school is different so best thing to do is visit a school or talk to the school about specific schedules.
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 61

Kudos [?]: 262 [0], given: 86

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: What's a typical class schedule like for FT MBA program? [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2011, 10:50
The best course of action is to speak with students at each of those schools, because no one will know their workload better than them.

These threads should give you the perspective of the workload at most of the top 15-20 programs.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: What's a typical class schedule like for FT MBA program?   [#permalink] 20 Mar 2011, 10:50