Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:22 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 495 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: UCSD (Rady) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Education (Education)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V37
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Re: What's considered the hardest part of SC? [#permalink]
dchan wrote:
I have done another gmatprep exam. Got Q43/V42 700. However this was a repeat so many questions I have already seen which would inflate my score.
Warning: Your real score is way below your GMATPrep score because of repeated Q's.
In your next Mock CAT, Spend the time allocated to that particular Q type but mark it wrong knowingly.

This is what suggested by Stacey at MGMAT forum (https://www.manhattangmat.com/forums/nee ... c45fb01144)

"If you do see a repeated question then, yes, you get it wrong on purpose unless you are 100% certain that you would have gotten it right even if it really had been totally new. If this happens too many times in one section, though, then this is still not representative of your current scoring level."

I feel it ok to see lower score in your Mocks rather than in real exam. Avoid solving GMATPrep Q's untill you are done with your Mocks.

dchan wrote:
However I have noticed that almost all my mistakes in Verbal belonged to SC. I have studied the MGMAT guide and done all the OG questions. I feel "lost" as it seems I am no better off than before at SC. I don't exactly know what I can do to finally crack SC. Every other area has shown signs of progress except SC which is getting sort of frustrating.

Use an error log and write down detail notes of why you got a particular SC Q wrong. Revisit Basics for those topics.
SC Q's for which you have taken more than 60-70 seconds or you have chosen wrong answer choice, mark them RED. Review the explanation for all these SC Q's on internet (By some known experts). Review and understand how the instructors are dealing with these Q's. What is different in their approach?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I redid the questions I got wrong. Unsurprisingly I still am weak in Rhetorical Construction and Logical Construction. However using my error log I have found out that more specifically, I am weak in handling "meaning" questions and understanding which sentences make sense logically.

I would like to ask, would you recommend not touching gmatprep until maybe the last few days before the actual exam? I used it in the past to get a realistic estimate on where I was (of course it gets less realistic after some repeated questions conme up) Are MGMAT tests the only suitable alternatives to gmatprep?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V37
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM