Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 02:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What schools should I be targeting?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

What schools should I be targeting? [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 13:20
Hello

I have an MSc and BSc in Economics from the University of Manchester and almost 3 years work experience at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) in Transactions, Corporate Finance and Restructuring Services. I am expected to be ACA qualified with first time passes in the near future. I worked predominantly with insurance and Asset management companies.

What are my chances of gaining admission to a top UK program given a good GMAT score? Also, would staying with the firm for another year or two in order to gain solid management experience (I am a high performer and have been offered an assistant management position post qualification) significantly add to my application?

I hope to use the MBA experience to transition into financial services consultancy.

Thank you
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 6

Re: What schools should I be targeting? [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2012, 05:11
Hi Daui,

Your have good academics and a remarkable corporate exposure. Per your Profile MBA Full and future goals Full time MBA would be the best fit for you. You can definitely apply to top UK Business Schools like LBS, University of Cambridge, University of Oxford and Manchester Business School etc.
Having work experience in an Asset Management company and being a high performer in your work area could add an additional value to your MBA Application. You will even have to justify these achievements in both your personal interview and essays.

The next step for you is to focus more on your GMAT Score and application essays for these Business Schools.

Hence it would be highly advisable to seek assistance from professional consultants for guidance on getting a good GMAT score, letters of recommendations and get your essays/scholarship essays evaluated before sending it out along with your application. Also consider taking classes for GMAT preparation to have an eligible GMAT score.

Please visit http://www.general-ed.com/Online-GMAT-Preparation to see more about online GMAT classes and http://www.general-ed.com/MBA-essay-analysis to get details on UK B Schools essay evaluation services.

For any clarifications feel free to write us.

Regards
Neha Singh
Re: What schools should I be targeting?   [#permalink] 18 Apr 2012, 05:11