Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
What Schools to Target??? [#permalink]
26 Sep 2013, 05:41
Thanks for this wonderful opportunity.
1. Work Experience - Family Retail Business, 450+ employees, 4 years till July 2014 a) Setup the IT department for the company ( 30 retail outlets) and manage purchase/sale of software/hardware/supplies. b) Merchandiser - Assisting in buying readymade garments and inventory management at stores. Major involvement in merhandising for 12 stores with an annual turnover of 200 million INR. c) National and International Travel for merchandising d) Daily management of activities at office/stores and warehouses managing 165 personnel.
2. GMAT - 720-740 expected, scheduled for November 2013
3. Undergraduate - B.E. ( Information Technology ) from Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal University, Karnataka. CGPA - 8.05. Good performance in programming labs, consistent A+. Upward trend in GPA from 7.5 to 8.8 over 4 years.
4. Extracurricular Activities a) President of University Astronomy Club - Conductor of dome shows at Planetarium, hosting astronomy events. b) Annual college mega event, made into a one month TV program, credited as producer and director. c) conducted a one month computer workshop for slum kids in Mumbai. d) Student at Alliance Francaise Chandigarh, enrolled in French classes ( 2011 - present )
5. CFA Level 3 candidate. L1 passed in Dec 2012, L2 passed in June 2013. L3 applied for June 2014.
6. Programs - My top priority is Booth followed by Wharton. I am not sure which other programs are suitable for me. My target is to be in investment/asset management or in a directly related field/financial service.
7. Applying in R2 ( Jan 2014 ) for all programs.
Kindly suggest what top ranked colleges do I stand a fair chance in such as HBS, Stanford, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg and Columbia.
Also suggest what programs you feel I should target.
Re: What Schools to Target??? [#permalink]
16 Oct 2013, 08:44
Thanks for posting, you have a strong candidacy. I recommend you read this case study of a candidate who worked for his family business, and who was accepted into Harvard Business School. This should provide insight into your application: http://www.stacyblackman.com/2011/06/09 ... applicant/