Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 01:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW - GMAT - 530 Q32 V29 - PLEASE HELP!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW - GMAT - 530 Q32 V29 - PLEASE HELP!! [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2007, 09:32
Hi All,

After all the preparation and excitement, I only got 530 in GMAT (Ist attempt).
I am totally disappointed with my scores. Its not that I didn’t prepare well but because I freaked out in the test and was always looking at the clock.

Like many others, I also dared to dream about going to a top MBA school. But now, I am totally lost and depressed.

I NEED GUIDANCE......... BADLY!!!!!

While preparing for GMAT, I did the following
OG10
OG11
Kaplan Premier Program
Princeton Review

and did the following mock tests

Kaplan Test - 4 tests - my scores were in 5xx all the time and only after I started getting repeats I was able to bring my score up.
Kaplantest.com - 1 -My Page Test - 630
Princeton Review - 2, Lower 600s
GMAT prep - 1 - 500
GMAT prep - 2 - 500

Did I fail to read my mock test scores?

What happened in the test? I started strong with AWA and did well. Then in Quant, I was doing good (I remember getting a very hard SD problem with 2 graphs in it) till the first 20 Questions and somewhere doing the calculations, I forgot about the time. By the time I looked at the clock I had 25 min for 17 Questions and thats where I freaked out. I started reading the questions and within secs I was coming to the conclusion that I can’t do the problem, so I started skipping them and screwed them all.

Verbal - I need more practice for sure. I have to improve in SC, CR and then RC. In this section also, I freaked out in the end.

Bottom line - I have to SPEED UP in both the sections and I have to improve a lot without doing silly/stupid mistakes

So pls, all those who made it,
1. Pls guide me
2. Pls provide me more material (links etc.,) to improve upon my skills
3. Pls tell me DO's and DONT's
4. I am looking for more GMATPrep tests as the 2 that I had are giving me repeated questions now.

I work in a very fast pace environment and I put in lot of hours in my job but I still have my focus on GMAT. I really want to do good as implied by my user ID but not only in dreams. So, please help!

Thank you.
:cry:
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2007, 18:46
I haven't made it yet, since I am standing with only 30 points more than you do, but I can give you a couple of pointers as what I am doing right now.

1. Explore the amazing stories thread, read all the stories and the debriefs of the people who got 700+, in there you will find lists preparation materials and links to useful stuff.

2. Use an error log to identify your weak areas (I havent actually done this, since it seems to be a LOT of work, but most people with high scores have done it, and apparently it works miracles)

3. Stop using your powerprep tests, there are no new ones available. Hopefully at some point once you have studied and your skills are much better you will not get the same questions that you have seen before. Use this test VERY carefully, you only have two shoots - dont waste them.

4. Go back to the basics, those of us with scores under 600 still have gaps on concepts.

5. Set a study schedule and stick to it. Make it a habits as brushing your teeth.

Hope this helps. Good luck to you.
  [#permalink] 09 Sep 2007, 18:46