Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 02:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What time to take the test?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 6

Re: What time to take the test? [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2011, 13:35
Thats great, I am myself in a big dilemma, what time would be perfect. I am going to take a date for first week of sept, and will have to take date in march start, considering all slots in bay area get taken up very quickly!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 115

Reviews Badge
Re: What time to take the test? [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2011, 13:46
desiaggie1980 wrote:
Thats great, I am myself in a big dilemma, what time would be perfect. I am going to take a date for first week of sept, and will have to take date in march start, considering all slots in bay area get taken up very quickly!

I am in the New York area and here, it is said, that we need to book slots atleast 2 months in advance to be sure of the time/date that we want.
So,it wuld be a good idea for you too, to book early and then prepare yourself for that time.
I know that some people may have found this post of mine very trivial (how does the time matter???!!!) but, this did AFFECT me largely since being a strict non-morning person, I took the test at 8 AM only to realize that I had not yet 'woken' up fully :)
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: What time to take the test? [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2012, 22:50
8am is too early for me too! :) I even postponed taking the exam a month later because they only had 8am available for the month I wanted to test. I settled on 10:30am in May.

You have time to train your body and brain to work for you... :) Take practice tests at the same time your actual GMAT is going to be. Eat meals and snacks at the same intervals you would on test day. When I first took the GMAT, I had the same concerns as you! My appointment was at 2pm, right when my body starts to crash after lunch. About two weeks before the test, I started eating small snacks for lunch, instead of my usual meal. It helped me avoid the crash! However, on test day, I got so nervous, I barely got a bite down at breakfast and didn't end up eating any snacks during the test breaks! I wasn't tired though! :)

Good luck with your exam!
Re: What time to take the test?   [#permalink] 10 Feb 2012, 22:50