Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 12 Jul 2014, 03:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What to do? This can't be my score

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

What to do? This can't be my score [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2011, 05:41
Hi everyone,

I took the TOEFL last week and received my scores today. I scored 110, with 30 in both reading and listening, 28 in speaking, and solely 22 in writing. Please don't get me wrong, I am really happy with the total score. Yet, there's no way that my writing score is correct, so I would like to hear your advice.

Here's the deal:
My writing based on reading and listening was judged fair (2.5-3.5) while my writing based on knowledge and experience was rated good (4.0-5.0).

I've got 2 problems with that:

1. I thought that I've done very well on both essays. I can perfectly recall the integrated writing task and I am 100% sure that I have understood both the passage and the lecture, including the entire content and the structure. As fas as I know, you're not supposed to state your own opinion in this task. So I've first summarized the reading passage, and second both summarized the lecture and outlined how the lecture was related to the text. I am very confident that I've used a wide range of vocab and made hardly any (if at all) mistakes. In addition, I definitely exceeded the minimum amount of words that ETS recommends.

2. I have taken the TOEFL 2 years before. Back then, I effortlessly scored 27 in the writing passage. In the meantime, I have written lots of papers for university classes, all of them in English. My writing style was never criticized, quite the opposite, it always received a top score. Finally, my AWA-part in the GMAT was awarded the maximum number of points, 6.0.

Funnily enough, I never expected to have achieved 30 in Listening and 28 in Speaking.

I need the TOEFL in order to apply at a renowned university. What do you recommend me to do? Simply accept it or pay for a re-evaluation? Does anyone of you have any experience with those re-evaluations?

Thanks a lot for your help! I'll really appreciate it.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
What to do? This can't be my score   [#permalink] 18 Jul 2011, 05:41