Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 03:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What to tell the girl next door... Contest

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Haas '15
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
What to tell the girl next door... Contest [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2008, 23:31
Okay so I just met the girl next door about a week ago and she has been over almost every night since. She's a totally cool girl but let's be honest here, I really gotta be focused on my essays & GMAT right now not spending late nights smoking hookah and whathaveyou :wink:

So here's the contest: What excuse do I give this girl next time she txt's or knocks on my door late at night wanting to hang out?

This is meant as an exercise in creativity not practicality (i.e. "Just tell her the truth!") so let's see what you got. I'll hand out some kudos to any particularly clever answers :P
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Schools: Harvard '11
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 62 [1] , given: 28

GMAT Tests User
Re: What to tell the girl next door... Contest [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2008, 12:55
This post received
KUDOS
I would give her a one-page resume and ask her to tell you where she fits in that resume.

Or, next time you are talking to her, just slip in a b-school essay prompt randomly. Like "Yeah, I love Coldplay too!! By the way, can you tell me about a time when you engaged with a community or organization?"
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 3

Re: What to tell the girl next door... Contest [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2008, 23:23
This post received
KUDOS
just invite both of them over and let them entertain themselves, while you work on your essays. let nature take its course from there.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: What to tell the girl next door... Contest [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2008, 22:06
Next time, she is at your place, hand over the essay drafts and ask her to proof read or give her some essays to write :lol:
I bet, she will stop comming over. BTW, you shouldn't be doing that, given the fact that, the flamboyant species what we call girls are rare and precious.

To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says:
"Leave no stone unturned."
-Edward Bulwer Lytton

Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: What to tell the girl next door... Contest [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2008, 10:20
Hahah not a bad idea...I'll make her earn her keep by saying she can only visit me one night for every essay she proofreads :P
SVP
SVP
Schools: Hard Knocks
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 430 [0], given: 32

GMAT Tests User
Re: What to tell the girl next door... Contest [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2008, 10:27
If she's a cool girl is this a friends-only cool girl, or a cool girl with more potential? If you show her your MBA drafts and tell her your score you might show her that you're a guy with your life figured out and know what you want out of life. That could have the opposite affect on her because I've had several women say that a guy that knows exactly what he wants, is on track to get it, and is motivated, determined, etc., is very attractive. This might have the girl wanting to move in with you!

------------------------------------
J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Re: What to tell the girl next door... Contest [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2008, 14:29
"I'm really sorry, but could we hang out another day? I'm writing a few chapters of my biography (aka MBA apps) and I've promised my editor (aka essay reviewers) I'd have a copy sent over before [insert time]. I'll definitely make it up to you once this is wrapped up!"

Girls love writers. And on top of that, now she'll be wondering what kind of extraordinary adventures you've had that would warrant a book deal.

Mmmm, Men of Mystery.
Current Student
Schools: Ross '12 (MBA/MS)

Kudos [?]: 68 [0], given: 34

GMAT Tests User
Re: What to tell the girl next door... Contest [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2008, 01:57
Tell her you're washing your hair. That's what all the ladies seem to be doing when I ask them out... :P
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: What to tell the girl next door... Contest [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2008, 10:58
Haha these are all great...kudos to my fav so far from msday86:

msday86 wrote:
Or, next time you are talking to her, just slip in a b-school essay prompt randomly. Like "Yeah, I love Coldplay too!! By the way, can you tell me about a time when you engaged with a community or organization?"

oh and jallen -- i would put her somewhere in between just a friend and serious gf material :)
SVP
SVP
Schools: NYU Stern '11
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 22

GMAT Tests User
Re: What to tell the girl next door... Contest [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2008, 11:04
What excuse do you give her the next time she calls?

How about my number? :-D
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 692 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: What to tell the girl next door... Contest [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2008, 13:08
"extra curricular activities" however not the kind that will help you get admitted to school but will relieve the stress of applying.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: What to tell the girl next door... Contest [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2008, 09:24
so she was over again last night and we happened to be asking each other random questions out of these "If..." books I have. i thought of this thread and managed to slip in the curveball "tell me about a time when you engaged a community or organization" hahahah....suffice it to say her answer was *not* HBS material :oops:

any other suggestions??
SVP
SVP
Schools: Hard Knocks
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 430 [0], given: 32

GMAT Tests User
Re: What to tell the girl next door... Contest [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2008, 11:45
When i read this thread, I tend to get mental images of The Big Bang Theory, the tv show on CBS where the hot girl next door becomes friends with the geniuses that star in the show. Probably just coincidental that I thought of this :-D

------------------------------------
J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: What to tell the girl next door... Contest [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2008, 14:23
jallenmorris wrote:
When i read this thread, I tend to get mental images of The Big Bang Theory, the tv show on CBS where the hot girl next door becomes friends with the geniuses that star in the show. Probably just coincidental that I thought of this :-D

actually this kinda came true -- i just met my hot new neighbor right across the hall from me last night. here we go again...
SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 176 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: What to tell the girl next door... Contest [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2008, 15:02
Quote:
actually this kinda came true -- i just met my hot new neighbor right across the hall from me last night. here we go again...

Seriously?! :lol:
Director
Director
Schools: Cornell '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: What to tell the girl next door... Contest [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2008, 12:08
TL, do you live in Portland or the Playboy Mansion? Where on Earth are all these hot ladies coming from????

"George is getting upset!"

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: What to tell the girl next door... Contest [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2008, 13:33
raabenb wrote:
TL, do you live in Portland or the Playboy Mansion? Where on Earth are all these hot ladies coming from????

Hugh Hefner has a mini mansion in Portland (at TL's) and I happened to have the privilege to visit. Yes, TL has a cool pad

TL, I guess, you should have more parties and board games ;) And ofcourse invite that Brazilian girl.. LOL.

To find what you seek in the road of life, the best proverb of all is that which says:
"Leave no stone unturned."
-Edward Bulwer Lytton

Re: What to tell the girl next door... Contest   [#permalink] 01 Dec 2008, 13:33