Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2014, 22:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What will happen if I miss my EXAM appointment?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

What will happen if I miss my EXAM appointment? [#permalink] New post 03 May 2014, 01:33
Dear Helpful Member,

For some reason, I'm not feeling well today.
I rushed to try to reschedule my exam but being the day of exam I can't do so online.
Tried using the phone but they only work Monday to Friday ( Today being Saturday)

I want to know what happen if I miss the appointment?
I will take it in 2-3 days (Just not today).

What will happen to my score.
I know if you cancel when you took your exam, that is a BIG NO because school will be able to see that you took your exam and cancelled.

But If I miss the exam all together?
As in, is there any indication on the report (that school will see) about me not taking the exam the first time around (today's exam)

Is there something like
Exam 1 - missed
Exam 2 - (score I get when I take in in 3 days)

- if this happens, can I register another GMAT profile and take the exam on that one?

My practice exam are indicating I'm just around score school requires (70% percentile, yeah I know, I'm not trying for those top school, just a normal business school).
And I am confident I will hit that score If take it feeling normal.
However, at my current state (head dizzy), i don't think I will be able to score that mark.

Please help me, I am so worried.
I am just about the acceptance level on the practice exam, and I don't want the school to have any indication about something "bad" has happened
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: What will happen if I miss my EXAM appointment? [#permalink] New post 03 May 2014, 05:42
In addition, I'm trying to grab the next slot available, but the system won't let me through because I have to wait 31 days since today.
Does this mean I have to register a new account in order to take the exam next week?
or will the system automatically let me through and allow me to pick the slot when my scheduled exam time (the one i'm missing today) pass?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2169

Kudos [?]: 7685 [0], given: 3627

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: What will happen if I miss my EXAM appointment? [#permalink] New post 03 May 2014, 20:59
Expert's post
You can call/etc and cancel your appointment.
It will not show up on your score report. As long as you have not showed up for the exam, there will not be a record.
(there are codes for various things but not for not taking the test). You can be a flake here, but easiest is to call and cancel/reschedule but not within 24 hrs.

Quote:
If you miss your appointment, you may schedule a new
exam without waiting a full 31 days, but you must schedule
by phone and pay the full registration fee.

See the gmat handbook: http://www.mba.com/~/media/Files/mba2/t ... ndbook.pdf

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: What will happen if I miss my EXAM appointment? [#permalink] New post 04 May 2014, 06:59
Quote:
If you miss your appointment, you may schedule a new
exam without waiting a full 31 days, but you must schedule
by phone and pay the full registration fee.

See the gmat handbook: [/quote]

Thank goodness, a great load has been lifted. ( both about the score and the time limit)
Now i can clammily go for the next earliest time slot.
Re: What will happen if I miss my EXAM appointment?   [#permalink] 04 May 2014, 06:59