Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Aug 2014, 23:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

What would you do?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 9

What would you do? [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2010, 13:40
I'm planning on applying to school this fall (well re-applying to one school), and would like some job-related advice.

I left my previous job last October (company moved offices and I elected not to move with them). I started my current job in December and took a demotion in title, but not in responsibility - manager to sr. analyst. Now, I have the opportunity to take a manager position with another company (starting in June).

Problem is, if I take this position, I imagine I'll have a difficult time getting a decent letter of recommendation, and will add to the inconsistency of my job history.

So my question is, which is better - potentially better letters of rec & more job consistency, or less consistency, probable challenges with letters of rec, but a promotion?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: What would you do? [#permalink] New post 06 May 2010, 11:13
On the letter of recommendation, go with the person that can speak to your credentials the strongest, not just the highest 'ranking' person you know. Enthusiasm and energy for a candidate always supercede titles in most of the admissions counselor views.

Good Luck!

Aveek Guha, President, www.mbadaycamp.com
Re: What would you do?   [#permalink] 06 May 2010, 11:13