Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:17 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [2]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 2: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 3: 620 Q44 V31
WE:Other (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Broad(Michigan) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Hey all !

I have started my app for fall'16 intake.
Re: Calling all Broad(Michigan) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Hello,

My Ques: Does MSU often admits candidates who are not from supply chain, manufacturing background?

To begin with, I am an Engg. from Manipal Institute of Tech, 5 yrs work ex (at matriculation), GMAT 690.
I am working with Accenture Services India as a Senior Operations Analyst (with notable work accomplishments, appreciations and recommendations).

My goal is to move to operations/general management and shift to manufacturing/consumer products industry with the aim of working in Supply chain, production planning, inventory management.

Awaiting your response. Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey thinking about applying to Eli Broad MBA program, taking the GRE instead of GMAT, I know they take both. Any idea what score they look at for the GRE, it doesn't say on their site, possibly due to not having enough data. Also looking to get either a GA, RA, or fellowship. what kind of scores are we looking at?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Hi guys ! I'll be applying in R1 as well.. Good luck to everyone !
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Good luck to all applicants applying to Broad (Michigan) this year! I've just updated the first post with deadlines for 2015/16 application. Use this platform to discuss your application strategy, share ideas/updates with other applicants.

NOTE that applicants from Sub-Saharan Africa applying as part of the MasterCard Foundation fellows program need to submit an application by round 2.

If anyone is interested in becoming Threadmaster for this school, please PM me.

Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
FROM Broad (Michigan State) MBA Blog: Students to Travel to India to Learn More About International Business
For the first time, students from Michigan State University’s Broad College of Business will attend the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB)

Nicholas Hammer

Anand Srinivas Janakiraman.

Summer Fellowship Program to learn about entrepreneurship in India.

Nicholas Hammer and Anand Srinivas Janakiraman, both beginning their second year in the Broad Full-Time MBA program this fall, will represent the school at the program “Creative Disruptions: The Story of Indian Entrepreneurship.” IIMB has waived the cost of the conference for the students, and MSU’s International Business Center is providing the students with a travel grant. This is consistent with the MBA program’s drive to position itself as a place that builds creative and innovative competencies.

Attendees will sit in on lectures, have interactions with entrepreneurs and visit companies, helping to gain insight on the Indian market.

For Janakiraman, the opportunity to interact with entrepreneurs in a global setting is intriguing. “I’m looking forward to getting to know how people evaluate ideas and turn them into a business, and interacting with those who have done so,” he said. “I want to learn how they do this and why.”

Hammer is excited, not only to see India, but also to gain another perspective on business, learning how other parts of the world are doing things. He also has an interest in the entrepreneurial mindset and working with small businesses and startups.

“It’s great to partner with the school and learn more about global business,” Hammer said.

Comparing this experience to his time abroad in Milan learning about investment banking will be an added asset for Hammer, who wants to understand business worldwide.

The students’ attendance at the program builds upon relationships started earlier this summer between Sanjay Gupta, The Eli and Edythe L. Broad Dean, and leadership at IIMB.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
FROM Broad (Michigan State) MBA Blog: Broad MBA Continues Tradition of Quick Payback— Ranking
For the second year in a row, the Full-Time MBA Program at Michigan State University’s Broad College of Business has been cited for having the second shortest payback time among all programs ranked by Forbes—and the quickest payback in the Big Ten.

Forbes biennial MBA rankings are based solely on return on investment (ROI), calculated by measuring compensation five years after graduation and subtracting tuition and salary forgone during school.

The 2015 ranking places Broad’s program No. 8 among public schools and No. 22 overall. Since 2007, Forbes has consistently ranked Broad among the top 10 public institutions and the top 25 programs overall.

Broad alumni needed just 3.6 years to make up the costs of their MBA degrees in additional compensation, Forbes calculated, despite the surveyed students graduating in the heart of the economic downturn.

The magazine surveyed the Class of 2010 and requested pre-MBA salaries and compensation for three of the first five years after receiving degrees. Forbes then compared their post-MBA compensation with their opportunity cost: both tuition and the estimated salary they would have made had they stayed in their old jobs. Salary figures were adjusted to account for cost-of-living expenses, and the earnings gains were discounted using a rate tied to the discount rate large companies’ pension funds use.

For more information about this ranking, visit forbes.com.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Broad '18 (A)
Send PM
Hello everyone. will be applying for FT MBA at MSU. Any idea anout where the essay questions need to be uploaded. and what are the essay questions asked on video essay.
Thanks in advance
Ishita
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ishitathukral wrote:
Hello everyone. will be applying for FT MBA at MSU. Any idea anout where the essay questions need to be uploaded. and what are the essay questions asked on video essay.
Thanks in advance
Ishita

Hello Ishita,

You need to upload your essays to the following link after creating an account.
https://app.applyyourself.com/AYApplicantLogin/fl_ApplicantLogin.asp?id=MSU-MBA

See attached image below for directions on uploading the essays.

Regarding video essay questions, see below discussion on Class of 2017 thread.

Pandabear17 wrote:
I received like 3 Pms about the video essays, so I figured I would just post a response here.

Video Essays:
Just wanted to debrief on the video essays. I did mine back in Sept.

Questions were a random set from a pool of questions. They were your typical interview type questions, but wee kind of on the hard side. I can't remember my exact questions, but they were along the lines of: example of a challenge , example of dealing with a team, what is a leader, weaknesses... Things along those lines.

You get a chance to record the answer three times. So, if you mess up you can record your response. But, if you choos trip record the original is gone, and you can not go back to it. So, if you use all of the tries (three total for each question) the last one you record is the one that counts.

I found these questions much harder than the actual evaluation interview. I know I had to re-record all of them at least once.

Good luck

Posted from my mobile device

Attachments

Essay_Upload_directions.PNG
Essay_Upload_directions.PNG [ 23.1 KiB | Viewed 15281 times ]

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi everyone,

So quiet in here.
Who else is applying in Early Round?
Have you already submitted the application?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aravinth545 wrote:
Hi everyone,

So quiet in here.

Hi aravinth545..
I'm applying in early round... Still preparing my essays... How about you... Have you submitted your app?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
siamr wrote:
aravinth545 wrote:
Hi everyone,

So quiet in here.

Hi aravinth545..
I'm applying in early round... Still preparing my essays... How about you... Have you submitted your app?

Hi siamr,

I am also in the process of preparing the essays.
What other schools are you applying to?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
aravinth545 wrote:
siamr wrote:
aravinth545 wrote:
Hi everyone,

So quiet in here.

Hi aravinth545..

Hi siamr,

I am also in the process of preparing the essays.
What other schools are you applying to?

Hey aravinth545,

I'm applying to ASU, Smeal and OSU :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM

Supply chain universities: the employers’ Top 15

MSU Supply Chain is #1

https://www.scmworld.com/columns/beyond-supply-chain/supply-chain-universities--the-employers%E2%80%99-top-15/
Attachments

150625-KOM-SCM-1.gif
150625-KOM-SCM-1.gif [ 21 KiB | Viewed 15190 times ]

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi guys I am also applying for early round need some help with the essays..any help will be appreciated
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mridupawandas wrote:
Hi guys I am also applying for early round need some help with the essays..any help will be appreciated

Go through below links. It would be helpful.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/advanced-mba-essay-tips-161296.html
https://gmatclub.com/forum/basic-mba-essay-tips-161295.html

Just one piece of advice from me. Try to answer the question asked. Do not deviate from it.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Broad '18 (A)
Send PM
hey . is anyone facing the problem while visiting MSU's site. The site is not functional.Is there a technical glitch on their side or there is a problem with my network?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts