So, are you following the strategy from the PowerScore CR
It did not tell you to try to answer the question before jumping to answer choices?
Here is what worked for me:
1. Read the question first - know what's asked - don't get into the details as to what it asks, just see if it is a weaken/strengthen/assumption, or smth else.
2. Read the Passage
3. Read the question again
4. Answer the question without reading a single answer choice (VERY IMPORTANT)
5. Skim through the answer choices - until you find a match to what you had in mind (usually a 5-10 sec process for me)
At this point I am usually able to answer 70% of questions
6. If you did not find one that matched your answer, read the answer choices again.
7. If you can't identify the best one. Between the best two, the wrong one will be outside the scope in most cases
That's it. I was able to solve CR's at the speed of 1 or 1.5 mins. The part that makes it fast is answering the question before looking at the answer choices.
I would re-read the passage in only 1 or 2 questions per test - you must be able to function with just one pass.
I am always in search of such advices by BB.
I have taken a print of this section, highlighted it and pasted on my room wall under CR section. Best strategy! Kudos!!
BB, it will be great if you can have a same summarized list for RC & SC. (Just a request & a suggestion, otherwise I will search)