Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 13:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

When Deprieved of Carbohydrates , its preffered fuel , the

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

When Deprieved of Carbohydrates , its preffered fuel , the [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2005, 19:44
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
When Deprieved of Carbohydrates , its preffered fuel , the body is forced to burn fats and fuel for energy ,thus causing the formation of fatigue inducing toxins.

A) When Deprieved of Carbohydrates , its preffered fuel , the body is forced to burn fats and fuel for energy ,thus causing

B) When Deprieved of Carbohydrates ,which are the body's preffered fuel, it is thus forced to burn fats and protein for energy , which causes

C) When deprived of its preffered fuel , which are carbohydrates, the body is forced to burn fats and protein for energy , and thus causes

D) The body is forced to burn fats and protein for energy when deprieved of carbohydrates , its preffered fuel which thus causes

E) The body's preffered fuel is carbohydrates , and when deprieve dof them it is thus forced to burn fats and protein energy , causing
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2005, 13:50
OA is A.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2005, 07:27
i have a confusion here.

till now i believed that two modifiers placed back to back followed by the subject is a wrong construction, but here this turns out to be a correct one.

for ex- studing hard, playing well, X is the best allrounder.

i know some of you may not relate the example with the sentence in hand, but IMO both are of same construction.

"when deprived of carbohydrates"-- this phrase modifies " BODY"
" its preffered fuel" -- this phrase again modifies "BODY".

the only thing i see in the sentence is that "its preffered fuel" can be appositive to "carbohydrates"
please, help me to understand this construction.
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 30 [1] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Apr 2005, 21:40
This post received
KUDOS
Folaa3 wrote:
someone please explain what's worng with C

A) is clear and has proper use of grammer.
B) it has no clear referent.
C) which refers to fuel, which is not plural and verb are is not acceptable.
D) pronoun problem.
E) the whole sentence is awkward.
  [#permalink] 06 Apr 2005, 21:40