Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 01:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

When does school start?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

When does school start? [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2007, 12:50
For those of you starting this fall, I will like to know the your respective schools and start date. I plan to enroll next year and I want to know if the start date is going to conflict with our August family vacation.

Last edited by futuredukemba on 24 Jul 2007, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 421 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2007, 12:54
School starts 8/20 at Darden, but there is a mandatory orientation BBQ on 8/17 (I don't think they will kick you out if you miss it though).

What really gets me are the schools that have mandatory pre-matriculation courses weeks in advance. Seriously, why don't they just call that the start of classes if it is mandatory.
VP
VP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: When does school start? [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2007, 13:11
If you are going to be a future Duke MBA, then school starts on the 9th of August (July 29th if you are doing Health Sector Management).

futuredukemba wrote:
For those of you starting this fall, I will like to know the your respective schools and start date. I plan to enroll next year and I want to know if the start date is going to conflict with our August family vacation.

Thanks!
Yinka
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2007, 13:20
Thanks...I may need to change my screen name to futuredardenmba ;-) . Our family vacation is planned around my mom's birthday which is August 8th
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2007, 13:46
Madatory pre-term at Wharton starts August 1st! Pelihu, I was wondering this as well. My guess is that there are 2 reasons: there is a pre-term fee which school charges on top of tuition and also 2nd years don't start till september.

pelihu wrote:
School starts 8/20 at Darden, but there is a mandatory orientation BBQ on 8/17 (I don't think they will kick you out if you miss it though).

What really gets me are the schools that have mandatory pre-matriculation courses weeks in advance. Seriously, why don't they just call that the start of classes if it is mandatory.
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2007, 13:51
I noticed Anderson starts in Oct. Weird . . . That might be nice, but I believe they also graduate mid June.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 421 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2007, 14:09
kidderek wrote:
I noticed Anderson starts in Oct. Weird . . . That might be nice, but I believe they also graduate mid June.

Yeah, they are on the quarter system. As an undergrad there, I can tell you that the late start is pretty nice, and the quarter system allows you to have a worry free winter break (don't know if that's true for b-school) because you are between quarters. However, it really sucks when everyone else is done for the summer and you still have 4-6 weeks to go. I imagine it will really really suck at the very end when everyone is moving along to a paying job.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2007, 14:24
MIT: Preterm (optional) - 20th August
Orientation (mandatory) - 27th August

But you have to show up at school by the 24th to matriculate even if you didn't sign up for pre-term.
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2007, 17:42
Oh well, not everyone can go to Duke :wink: :wink:

futuredukemba wrote:
Thanks...I may need to change my screen name to futuredardenmba ;-) . Our family vacation is planned around my mom's birthday which is August 8th
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2007, 22:50
Insead:

Voluntary Pre-term: August 19
Mandatory Orientation: August 27
Classes: Sept 3
Current Student
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 126 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2007, 00:49
Just in case you really want to take a long summer vacation next year, UW doesn't officially begin until September 17th. We have an optional one week boot camp and career workshop from the 10th.
VP
VP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 182 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2007, 07:22
HBS starts Sept. 4th, right after Labor day. There are some courses going on since about July 20th (preMba for internationals and Analytics), although these are mandatory only for the people who are told to attend (not my case).

L.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2007, 11:43
For the Mandatory pre-term at Wharton that starts August 1st. Does it go all the way up until regular classes start? Or is there a break between pre-term and regular classes?
Current Student
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 126 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2007, 02:17
rajpdsouza wrote:
For the Mandatory pre-term at Wharton that starts August 1st. Does it go all the way up until regular classes start? Or is there a break between pre-term and regular classes?

The Whartonians are already slugging it out at boot camp? Those kids really don't waste much time. :shock:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2007, 07:06
GMATT73 wrote:
rajpdsouza wrote:

The Whartonians are already slugging it out at boot camp? Those kids really don't waste much time. :shock:

You're telling me. :lol:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2007, 20:59
rajpdsouza wrote:

It goes almost all the way up. At the end of August we all go on a Learning team retreat for 2 days. For those of you who don't know - everyone is assigned into a learning team , a group of 5-6 people who will spend the next year working together on all group projects.

I was not excited about having my summer cut short but actually pre-term has been a blast so far. It is a great way to meet your classmates and get to know them better before "real" classes start.
  [#permalink] 04 Aug 2007, 20:59