Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 14:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

When more than one candidatee is named for a party, the

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 76985

CAT Tests
When more than one candidatee is named for a party, the [#permalink] New post 23 May 2003, 07:10
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
When more than one candidatee is named for a party, the prospective candidate must agree to nomination and before giving such agreement must be told who the other parties will be.

Candidate and parties are the same by the way.

ETS' question is presuming something which I think is right but I am not necessarily sure.

Which of the following statements concerning the proposal is accurate if it cannot be known who the actual nominees are until prospective nominees have given their go-ahead to be nominated?

Their assuming none agree ,right, if they say if
E) If there is more than one prospective nominee, the proposal would make it impossible for anyone to become a member.

Clearly, some can agree to be candidates and some prospectives can agree, so there must be some that are candidates.

This question is a killer. I heard that some CRs on the LSAT are purposedly intended for you to miss?

Victor
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2277

Kudos [?]: 8798 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Difficult CR part of test changed [#permalink] New post 25 May 2003, 20:53
Expert's post
VTay25 wrote:
When more than one candidatee is named for a party, the prospective candidate must agree to nomination and before giving such agreement must be told who the other parties will be.

Candidate and parties are the same by the way.

ETS' question is presuming something which I think is right but I am not necessarily sure.

Which of the following statements concerning the proposal is accurate if it cannot be known who the actual nominees are until prospective nominees have given their go-ahead to be nominated?

Their assuming none agree ,right, if they say if
E) If there is more than one prospective nominee, the proposal would make it impossible for anyone to become a member.

Clearly, some can agree to be candidates and some prospectives can agree, so there must be some that are candidates.

This question is a killer. I heard that some CRs on the LSAT are purposedly intended for you to miss?

Victor

Well, I think a large number of questions has a trick to them - that's a way to make questions more difficult - thus only very few will get it right and the average score will be 540, not 740 :)

And the argument has a fallacy: Candidates are supposed to give their approval only after the names are released and then the quesiton states that the it cannot be known who the actual nominees are until prospective nominees have given their go-ahead to be nominated.

So, there is a contradiction; they can't vote before they know who it is and it is impossible to know who it is; thus they can't vote and thus, they are all going to hell.

:bouncer2

--- This was strange, but it was not really difficult. I had to read it twice I have to confess though

-=-
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 0

Re: Difficult CR part of test changed [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2010, 12:16
+1 for E
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2277

Kudos [?]: 8798 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Difficult CR part of test changed [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2010, 13:39
Expert's post
WOW. Kudos for search skills! You found a thread from 2003!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Difficult CR part of test changed   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2010, 13:39