Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 23:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

when shall i take GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

when shall i take GMAT [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 02:11
hi to all. im doing my final year engineering in Chennai , India. i started preparing for GMAT a week back. And i like to do MBA after 2 years.
1. please give advice regarding when to take GMAT bcoz i heard new GMAT test starts from June 2012.
2. i like to study in singapore.. plz give advice for this too.

thank u.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2157

Kudos [?]: 7574 [0], given: 3623

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: when shall i take GMAT [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 06:47
Expert's post
You should ideally take the test within the next 3-4 months, so before the June 5th switch-over.

Otherwise, would recommend taking it in Sept/Oct after the initial issues with the new IR section have been worked out.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 118

Kudos [?]: 200 [0], given: 10

Re: when shall i take GMAT [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2012, 00:18
Expert's post
It really depends on how much study you need to hit your target score. Most people need at least a few months of intensive preparation. If your target score is significantly higher (150+ points) than your initial practice exam, you may need a longer preparation period.

I wouldn't worry too much about the new section. First off, at this stage it is unlikely to have a significant effect on business school applications. Schools need time to look at the data and figure out what to do with the scores. Even when this has had time to happen (probably after you are safely admitted to a program), the Integrated Reasoning section is not likely to make an enormous difference. Keep in mind that this section will be scored separately from the main test, which is not changing at all. Also, the skills tested in the new section will simply be applications of the material on the main test, so if you start studying now, you will still be preparing yourself for the Integrated Reasoning section.

As for instruction in Singapore, we offer a number of online classes that may fit your schedule. Good luck!

Dmitry Farber | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Re: when shall i take GMAT   [#permalink] 25 Feb 2012, 00:18