Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 03:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

When should I take my last simulated CAT?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

When should I take my last simulated CAT? [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2009, 17:07
After spending the last 4 weeks re-studying for the GMAT, I am getting ready for the big day next Monday. Although I was scoring in the mid-to-high 600s on the MGMAT/GMAT Preps..I scored a dismal 570 1st time 2 months ago....horrible verbal.....basically I was burnt out, lost my focus after thinking I got off to a bad start on Quant, and had a hard time recovering.

I re-did most of the MGMAT books and the 11OG book questions (did not have time to hit OG12, and OG V/Q supplements). So far since last week, I have re-taken the first 3 MGMATs and scored 650, 680, 690...yesterday I took a GMATPrep and scored a 660. These scores are in the range for this particular round.

I have the next 4 days free..so I was thinking of taking 3 more MGMAT CATS Th/Friday/Sat, then a 2nd GMAT Prep Sunday....not sure if I am over doing it, especially with a GMATPrep day before, and also with the potential of scoring lower and having that on my psyche going in to real deal....

Maybe I should cut back on the CATS and do the supplemental OG quant and Verbal books?

Any input appreciated.....
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 61

Kudos [?]: 262 [0], given: 86

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: When should I take my last simulated CAT? [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2009, 18:04
I recommend that you take your last GMATPrep CAT 2 days before your exam and have that be the last thing you do, besides reviewing your mistakes of course. You'll benefit a lot from resting the day before the exam. If you get too fidgety, do 5 easy questions of each type to put your mind at ease.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Schools: Duke,Oxford,IMD,INSEAD
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: When should I take my last simulated CAT? [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2009, 19:21
Day 4 - MGMAT test1 - Review your mistakes and go over the material on the mistakes you did - total 6 hours
Day 3 - Option 1 - MGMAT test 2 - Review your mistakes and go over the material on the mistakes you did - total 6 hours
or
Day3 - Option 2 - GMATPrep Test - Review your mistakes and go over the material on the mistakes you did - total 6 hours

Day 2 - If you choose option 1 above then - GMATPrep Test - Review your mistakes and go over the material on the mistakes you did - total 6 hours
or
If you choose option 2 above then - review your maths concepts and idioms list and any flash cards or notes that you have prepared.

Day 1 - Chill today, seriously no point in taking a test a day before. Just relax and do probably do some questions which you felt was your weak point

Day 0 - All the best do well, do your best. remember you can always give GMAT again and all schools take the best of the scores. Very important to relax at the test.

Remember some points abt GMAT
1) It is not a competition
2) GMAT scores are not the only deciding factor
3) GMAT doesnt test you history or geography so it is more about skills and common sense

If you keep the above in mind, you can go to the exam hall a bit more cool than sweating out to reach the 700+ figure
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: When should I take my last simulated CAT? [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2009, 19:52
I think I read a recent post that recommended a GMATPrep day before. I think I will do another Friday. Then that's it.
Re: When should I take my last simulated CAT?   [#permalink] 15 Jul 2009, 19:52