Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Dec 2014, 08:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

When should I take the official exam?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.8
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 17

When should I take the official exam? [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2013, 15:14
Hi! I have been taking some practice tests and these are my scores:
MGMAT - 680 (Q44/ V38)
MGMAT2 - 690 (Q44/ V 39)
GMAT Prep - 700 (Q48/ V38)

I want to take the official test on February 18th because that is the only date available ( the next date available is March 18th!! Dont know why really) ...but I dont know if Im really ready or should I wait one extra month!?
Ive been studying for almost 5 months now so I dont wanna keep postponing it...what do you think? Should I take it in 2 weeks or should I wait one more month until I score above 700? Howl could I improve the last 20-30 points in these 2 weeks?
Thanks!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 630 Q47 V29
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 562

Re: When should I take the official exam? [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 01:36
maripili87 wrote:
MGMAT - 680 (Q44/ V38)
MGMAT2 - 690 (Q44/ V 39)

I want to take the official test on February 18th because that is the only date available ( the next date available is March 18th!! Dont know why really) ...but I dont know if Im really ready or should I wait one extra month!?
Ive been studying for almost 5 months now so I dont wanna keep postponing it...what do you think? Should I take it in 2 weeks or should I wait one more month until I score above 700? Howl could I improve the last 20-30 points in these 2 weeks?
Thanks!

hi,
congrats on your great scores in the mocks.

I guess you better take it now if 700 is your target score. Increasing 20-30 points in 2 weeks might be difficult. If your target score is 720-730, you might want to wait for some time ..

Press kudos if it helps.

hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.

Who says you need a 700 ?Check this out : http://gmatclub.com/forum/who-says-you-need-a-149706.html#p1201595

My GMAT Journey : end-of-my-gmat-journey-149328.html#p1197992

Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1209

Kudos [?]: 5817 [0], given: 168

Re: When should I take the official exam? [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 19:37
Expert's post
maripili87 wrote:
MGMAT - 680 (Q44/ V38)
MGMAT2 - 690 (Q44/ V 39)

Thanks!

If you are satisfied with your current performance and don't see how you could improve even if you have an extra month then take the test now. There is certainly some scope in Verbal. A 2-3 point verbal increase will make a big difference. Figure out the section you make most mistakes in from your tests and then work on it in the last 2 weeks. Also, work on everything else side by side. You don't want to feel rusty on anything on the day of the test.

If you are not satisfied with your current performance, reschedule. But, before you do that, jot down a schedule for yourself with deadlines for every day. Write down exactly what you are going to do till 15th March to give the test your best shot. You don't need to start working on applications till August so you have plenty of time. But you also need to keep a few months just in case the test doesn't go the way you want it to so you must take it latest by end March.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: When should I take the official exam?   [#permalink] 05 Feb 2013, 19:37