Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Nov 2014, 03:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

When to do practice exams?!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 14

When to do practice exams?!! [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2014, 12:58
Hi guys,
I took a MGMAT cat exam about 2 weeks ago and bombed it, 530 with 37q and 29v. Ive been working a lot on both sections and was wondering when is the correct time to try out another exam. Should I wait until I finish all my weaknesses, learn all the content etc and then try out another exam? or should I do the exam even though I have covered (for example RC)?

regards
oloman
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Representative
Schools: Kellogg MBA 2004
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 209 [0], given: 51

Re: When to do practice exams?!! [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2014, 10:52
Expert's post
Hi oloman,

It sounds like you have more work to do, but let's see if we can get another read on your current ability level. Have you tried the free Veritas Prep test? Our students' average score is within 10 points of their average on the official GMAT Prep tests, so it should give you a very accurate read on where you stand:

http://www.veritasprep.com/gmat/free-gm ... tice-test/

Good luck!
Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Re: When to do practice exams?!! [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2014, 08:57
2 weeks of prep is usually long enough to improve and have taking another CAT make sense, but it depends on how much you are prepping and whether you feel like you have made a lot of progress. If not, you might want to wait another week.

Its ok that you haven't worked on some things in the interim between CATs; the key is to see improvement in what you have been working on.

www.gmatclarity.com

Thomas Hall

Expert Post
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Affiliations: Economist GMAT Tutor
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 3

Premium Member
Re: When to do practice exams?!! [#permalink] New post 01 May 2014, 11:50
Expert's post
As long as you've been doing a good job studying throughout the two weeks, it's worth it to take another practice exam. You'll be able to measure your progress and see what areas you still need to focus on.

Regards,

Elizabeth

http://econgm.at/GCfreetrial
For free GMAT practice questions, follow us @econgmat_qs
Economist GMAT Tutor
(866) 292-0660

Re: When to do practice exams?!!   [#permalink] 01 May 2014, 11:50