Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 12:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Whenever I find the key, someone changes the lock

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
4 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 178

Kudos [?]: 924 [4] , given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Whenever I find the key, someone changes the lock [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2010, 21:03
This post received
KUDOS
Hi all,

Its been almost a year when I decided to prepare for Gmat, though I started pretty late around feb 2010. I have almost covered every section at least once ( except og's and Cat's), but due to one reason or another I have lost momentum; these reasons are natural. That's why I have quoted
"Whenever I find the key, someone changes the lock".

I was in good pace but suddenly got affected by the illness and I m on on bed since half a month. I have 60 odd days before D-Day, but since I m distracted completely I m in dilemma of preparing or postponing the exam.
I want to be practical, and I have decided to prepare again and in case postpone of exam is required I will do just before the exam.
I will have to cut short my existing plan sheet to incorporate the sudden health issues.

Lesson : Guys, take care of your health and stay away from stress. Eat healthy and exercise regularly.

I apologize for my inactivity since many days and probably in future as well for some days.

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 85

Kudos [?]: 476 [0], given: 431

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Whenever I find the key, someone changes the lock [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2010, 21:54
Expert's post
Gurpreetsingh, there's no need to apologize whatsoever. In under one year, you've managed to earn nearly 200 kudos and contribute over 1000 posts - an amazing accomplishment. If anything, you probably needed a break.

It's unfortunate, though, to learn of your recent state of health. I too had an unpleasant health incident that affected my studies awhile back. At any rate, just take your time and get well! :thumbup:

But I didn't realize how long you've studied for the GMAT. Do what you need to do, but please be careful to not overextend yourself.

Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Followers: 56

Kudos [?]: 472 [0], given: 157

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Whenever I find the key, someone changes the lock [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2010, 22:44
Hi Gurpreet,

Sad to hear about your illness. I wish you a healthy comeback in upcoming days. Take care of yourself. (Punjab di matti bari zarkhez hay, fikkar di koi gal nahe)!! :)

Now coming to your situation. My friendly suggestion is to sit for gmat as per the schedule. Your Q is fantastic, for verbal you have done a lot of practice. Whether you get up in a week or in two weeks time, this will not effect your gmat prep (IMHO). Infact this break has served good for you as you have got some time other than for gmat. If you are thinking that your application time is a year away and you can delay your gmat, that will not be a good strategy. Once you will start your CATs alongwith gmat club tests, every thing will be fine. You will get the momentum. If you start your prep in next 15 days, still 45 days is a great period for final study phase.

Take care of yourself during sickness, forget about gmat & have fun with some movie stuff. Best of luck!

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 14

Re: Whenever I find the key, someone changes the lock [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2010, 09:18
Gunpreet, Take care of your health and I am sure you will score well in GMAT.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.77
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 152

Kudos [?]: 500 [0], given: 527

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Whenever I find the key, someone changes the lock [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2010, 12:14
I would recommend you to leave things appart and recover, but just keep repeating at least sometihng each day maximum 1 hour a day.
And the main rule: DON'T WORRY , NO STRESS.

Follow me, if you find my explanations useful.

Audaces fortuna juvat!

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 47

Re: Whenever I find the key, someone changes the lock [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2010, 12:25
Absolutely agree with you

I'd been doing GMAT for several months without any brake and got just nothing

Physical condition is one of the most important factors while doing GMAT and regular exercise helps your brain to be more concentrated because during exercise blood rushes to your brain and carries huge about of oxygen that makes brain work better
Director
Director
WE 1: 3.5 yrs IT
WE 2: 2.5 yrs Retail chain
Followers: 53

Kudos [?]: 690 [0], given: 40

GMAT Tests User
Re: Whenever I find the key, someone changes the lock [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2010, 03:57
Paaji,

TC.

Want to improve your CR: cr-methods-an-approach-to-find-the-best-answers-93146.html
Tricky Quant problems: 50-tricky-questions-92834.html
Important Grammer Fundamentals: key-fundamentals-of-grammer-our-crucial-learnings-on-sc-93659.html

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Whenever I find the key, someone changes the lock [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2010, 16:24
Take care Paaji...Get well soon and Roar!!
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Followers: 336

Kudos [?]: 1361 [0], given: 194

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Whenever I find the key, someone changes the lock [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2010, 23:23
Take care gurpreet. Take as much time as you want before the exam. If a postponement is necessary, as you said, do it but only after you are sure that you won't be able to give your best to the exam. But don't give up :) You'll rock the exam!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Whenever I find the key, someone changes the lock [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2010, 05:05
Postpone the exam if you're not very confident!!!
BSchool Thread Master
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 119 [0], given: 76

GMAT Tests User
Re: Whenever I find the key, someone changes the lock [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2010, 01:31
I felt the same few times! I also struggled with health problems, including a surgery in May. You really need to pay attention to your overall health (fitness, sleep, eating habits, etc), otherwise you can't physically handle several months of strain in your brain. To study few hours a day besides work, while having other regular activities puts a pressure in your stress level that is difficult to control for several months. I'm managing my work and family demands quite well so far (though my wife would like me to spend more time with her and our son), but I overlooked physical exercises and when started to study harder I couldn't really sleep well and therefore my concentration level dropped. Now I feel a little discouraged because after several months there's almost no progress, but anyways, in my case there's no one to blame but myself.

Good luck, hope you will feel better soon and resume your preparation at the pace you had.
Manager
Manager
WE 1: 4.6 years Exp IT prof
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 38

Re: Whenever I find the key, someone changes the lock [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2010, 14:44
Get well soon bro....!!!!
----------------------
22 ki gal ehdan da ki ho gaya mahine toh manja fadi baithe ho
theek cheti ho ja veer apan Verbal di Dash Dash karni hai.................
------------------------------------------------------------
Non Punjabi ppl please ignore....!!!

I will give a Fight till the End

"To dream anything that you want to dream, that is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything that you want to do, that is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself, to test your limits, that is the courage to succeed."
- Bernard Edmonds

A person who is afraid of Failure can never succeed -- Amneet Padda

Don't Forget to give the KUDOS

CEO
CEO

Kudos [?]: 924 [0], given: 235

Re: Whenever I find the key, someone changes the lock [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2010, 15:20
Thanks all for your wishes. I m recovering though still not well.

But the bottom line is I Wont Give up.

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

CEO
CEO

Re: Whenever I find the key, someone changes the lock [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2010, 06:11
CEO
CEO

Re: Whenever I find the key, someone changes the lock [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2013, 06:41
Re: Whenever I find the key, someone changes the lock   [#permalink] 27 Jul 2013, 06:41