Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:33 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well, one thing that I am going to recommend to every applicant of next year is that they should NOT take a break between R1 and R2. If you take a break, say bye-bye to half of your R2 plans.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
mNeo wrote:
Well, one thing that I am going to recommend to every applicant of next year is that they should NOT take a break between R1 and R2. If you take a break, say bye-bye to half of your R2 plans.

I couldn't agree more. Also tell your recommenders where you will be applying in R2, even if you change your mind they will know approximate dates and will be ready.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
[#permalink]
yeah, same problem here. Really having a hard time finding motivation to do Kellogg in R2. Especially after finding out that Kellogg announces so early for R1, I'm kicking myself for not giving me a chance to find out earlier for Kellogg. But alas, there was no way I could have finished Kellogg because of how much time the Stanford app took. Probably wasted effort too considering still no interview from Stanford. oh well.

But yeah, I thought I would feel refreshed to do just ONE app for R2, but right now with the Holidays, coming back from vacation, and all that, I haven't even touched my Kellogg app. I guess the only comforting thing is that all I need to do are the essays. The application has been filled out completely back in October, all my recommenders know I'm applying to Kellogg and have most of the questions answered from my previous 3 schools, and I can use the same resume. Just need to start writing... ugh!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
I’ve officially burnt out (is that the right expression, right?)
I still have yet 2 applications (hopefully, if panic does not get me) I see the days passing by and I just can’t concentrate. Work is hard, my manager is throwing me loads of things to do and I will have between Xmas and New Years Eve vacation, though I know it’s going to be hard to make anything as I’m planning to be with family.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm only doing Chicago GSB. Decided not to apply anywhere else. Not my backup schools either. It's either Chicago or nothing. A bit silly. But circumstance had changed :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
 Q48  V40
Send PM
Procrastination [#permalink]
I'm dying with my R2 applications... While I'm spending plenty of time "brainstorming" my essay ideas, I need to get down and start cranking out my HBS and Kellogg apps. I've done about 2 of the HBS essays, which leaves me 3 essays for HBS and 5 for Kellogg.

Going to be a fantastic holiday!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Have 3 schools....W Chic and K....So an exciting month ahead...but have like 2 weeks off...so hoping to use them to the maximum..:)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Almost done w/Berkeley...need to dive into Columbia and brainstorm for Stanford. Considering adding Wharton to the mix - not convinced they have a lot to offer in terms of media electives, etc, but you can't beat their core curriculum. I would certainly get the grounding in business fundamentals I want.
So that's where I am.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Complete burnout!
i wasted the entire month of Nov.
I just hope to get a nice call from the GSB adcom on the 19th, so that I dont have to apply to Kellogg.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Almost done with Kellogg, hopefully will be done with Chicago within a week. Then I have a 2 weeks vacation to polish these and maybe add another one, if I decide it is worth it to apply outside Chicago next year. If I do not apply anywhere else, I will be taking a huge risk of not getting into b-school in 2008... But at the same time, my wife just took the Illinois bar, and it wouldn't be "nice" to make her move next year...

By the way, I found out yesterday that my TOEFL score was expired :roll: . I managed to find the only spot left in Paris before the applications deadlines, and will be taking it tomorrow...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Guess we re all in same boat. just started my Duke essays while Ross and kellogg are put on hold. It would be nice to at least get an interview from one of the schools I apply in R1. That definitely will keep me moving.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Stanford - Done, waiting on recommenders
Chicago - Done except PPT, also waiting on recommenders
Harvard - Essays 90% done, just in fine tuning mode
UCLA - Essays 60% done, don't like them much yet

I never took a break. Having only applied to two schools in R1, I couldn't afford to. Of course, only UCLA is really realistic for R2, so who knows.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Oh how i wish i didnt have to see my apps again

Tuck - 40%
MIT Sloan - 60%
Ross - Yet to start
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 324 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
dosa_don wrote:
Have 3 schools....W Chic and K....So an exciting month ahead...but have like 2 weeks off...so hoping to use them to the maximum..:)

:lol: We are swimming in the same pool except for K - I do not apply there :P Chico - finishing; Wharton - defined the ideas - starting :)
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
dosa_don wrote:

Wow .. an exciting month indeed!
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
adcxaway wrote:
I'm only doing Chicago GSB. Decided not to apply anywhere else. Not my backup schools either. It's either Chicago or nothing. A bit silly. But circumstance had changed :(

Didn't you apply to Tuck and Columbia in R1? Did you get results from them?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Bleh....I only have R2 apps. I've submitted one, am working on Columbia and HBS and have January to get cracking on IMD. I'm in over my head...
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   3   4