Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 10:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Where can I apply with a 650 GMAT?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.63
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Where can I apply with a 650 GMAT? [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2011, 09:25
Hello all,

I gave the GMAT a couple of weeks ago and scored a disappointing 650. However, I am keen to go back to school Fall 2012. A little bit about me:

Female|24yrs|Indian
Undergrad from top 20 public schools in US with Honors - BS Finance
Undergrad GPA - 3.65
2.5 years experience at Financial Consulting firm
Looking to get into Strategy/Management Consulting after MBA

What are my chances of getting into the following schools (in order of my preference)?
1. Kellogg
2. Duke
3. Yale
4. Darden
5. UT Austin
6. Georgetown
7. Emory - Goizueta

Would you recommend I look at other schools?

Thanks for the feedback!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Retired Moderator
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 211 [0], given: 37

GMAT Tests User
Re: Where can I apply with a 650 GMAT? [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2011, 17:51
For the schools you mentioned, realistically you'll want to have a 700 or more on GMAT. I can't say that you have no chance of getting in but you're definitely at a big disadvantage. Georgetown and Emory may be doable, but everything else becomes a big problem. I'd say that if you have the time, retake your GMAT and see if you can up it to 700+.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Where can I apply with a 650 GMAT? [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2011, 02:39
jsundare wrote:
Hello all,

I gave the GMAT a couple of weeks ago and scored a disappointing 650. However, I am keen to go back to school Fall 2012. A little bit about me:

Female|24yrs|Indian
Undergrad from top 20 public schools in US with Honors - BS Finance
Undergrad GPA - 3.65
2.5 years experience at Financial Consulting firm
Looking to get into Strategy/Management Consulting after MBA

What are my chances of getting into the following schools (in order of my preference)?
1. Kellogg
2. Duke
3. Yale
4. Darden
5. UT Austin
6. Georgetown
7. Emory - Goizueta

Would you recommend I look at other schools?

Thanks for the feedback!

Hello

If you wish to apply to top business schools then one of the prerequisites is having significant work experience. Generally candidates have around 4-5 years of full time experience in spite of several term time projects or jobs; so you may be competing with other candidates who have 4-5 years of full time experience and have started significant initiatives at college.

Hence, we would advise you to gain some full time work experience before you decide to apply for an MBA. If you don’t wish to do so them, you could look at the HBS 2+2 program or the Yale Silver Scholars program.

Thanks!
Kavita Singh
FutureWorks Consulting
Pre Application Strategies|Admission Consulting |Pre-Departure Coaching|Workshops

Find out where you stand with our Free Assessment Test or drop your resume at kavita@futureworks.co.in

Re: Where can I apply with a 650 GMAT?   [#permalink] 19 Aug 2011, 02:39