Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 21:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Where do you write the solution of the practice questions?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 2

Where do you write the solution of the practice questions? [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2009, 06:25
Hi,

I'm going to start Manhattan online course next Saturday. I will have too many questions to solve every day as per their study plan. In the past, I used to write down the solution of the questions in a notebook, however, not in an organized way. So if one day I need to review a wrong answer, I have the final answer circled in the OG, however, I don't know why I got it wrong cause the solution is "somewhere" in my notebook.

I think my way is wrong because it is very important to review as well how I solved the problem and what I did wrong.

So I would like to know how do you organize your notebook, if you use one. If you don't, so where do you write down the solutions?

The problem that I'm not going to solve the questions in order..starting at question 1 then 2, 3, etc. Manhattan covers each session a topic and I'll have to answer the questions related to that topic. For example, I need to do from the OG questions 22 to 34, 56-60 and from Manhattan book 12-15 and 22-26

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 2

Re: Where do you write the solution of the practice questions? [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2009, 04:48
any idea?
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 388 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Where do you write the solution of the practice questions? [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2009, 08:07
Hello MontrealLady,

If you are planning on following the MGMAT schedule for problems, it's probably a good idea to map the problems as presented in each chapter (i.e. do not diverge from the suggested material YET).

This goes hand in hand with maintaining your error log. I simply used paper and pen for my error log. I had one pad where I worked out the problems and another pad when I noted the answer. I would NOT mark in any of the books as this negates your ability to revisit problems later. Everything would be properly identified (heading of chapter/section and the problems) to allow me easy review.

Properly maintaining an error log is to identifying your deficiencies and figuring out where your going wrong with your approach.

Best of luck,

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate
Followers: 24

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: Where do you write the solution of the practice questions? [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2009, 11:50
Hi there!

We actually have a resource that was created specifically for the purpose you described! It's called the Official Guide Study Tracker, and you can access it via your Student Center!

You'll want to go to your class resources page in your student center on our website, then click on the subheading (in gray) called "Course Downloads." Once there, you can download the official guide study tracker.

You'll see there are two different trackers. One is to keep track of which Official Guide problems you've completed, the other is to keep track of the overall work you've done for the course. I'm sure you will find both useful (and both come with instructions!)

If you have any questions on how to use these two resources, please let me know! You can also call us directly at 1-800-576-4628 or email us at studentservices[AT]manhattangmat[dot]com.

Best of luck with your studies,
Caitlin Clay
Manhattan GMAT Student Services Representative

Caitlin Clay | Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Re: Where do you write the solution of the practice questions?   [#permalink] 10 Nov 2009, 11:50