Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 19:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

where to start from?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
where to start from? [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2006, 09:13
hi,
bought og11 and pr 06 ......... cant figure out where and which book to start from?? :( .......... both look equally good to me...... or should i take a diagnostic test...... or should i buy kaplan also.......

also someone pls guide me to the beginner infromation on error log(what is it and more importantly...how is it made)

read many posts at the forum....... but i m still very confused....... cant start....... pls help......

Eat like a Pig, Lift like a Demon & Sleep like Dead.............

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 665 [0], given: 781

[#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2006, 10:39
There is tons of advice on the forum. Please take the time to read them.

Take a diagnostic first. It will help you see where your weaknesses are.

Next, start with the Official Guide and do the problems slowly over time and understand every problem.

If you are hoping to do well in Quant, I will ask that you try the GMAT Club Math Challenges.

If you are weak in verbal, consider enrolling in a good prep course. If you are comfortable with an online learning environment, consider GMAX Online.

Maintain good records of your errors. keeping track of your errors will help you improve. Otherwise, practise has no meaning.

Discipline is a very big component of success in GMAT Prep.

Praetorian
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2006, 12:46
Praetorian wrote:
There is tons of advice on the forum. Please take the time to read them.

Take a diagnostic first. It will help you see where your weaknesses are.

Next, start with the Official Guide and do the problems slowly over time and understand every problem.

If you are hoping to do well in Quant, I will ask that you try the GMAT Club Math Challenges.

If you are weak in verbal, consider enrolling in a good prep course. If you are comfortable with an online learning environment, consider GMAX Online.

Maintain good records of your errors. keeping track of your errors will help you improve. Otherwise, practise has no meaning.

Discipline is a very big component of success in GMAT Prep.

Praetorian

Do you think we should still purchase the OG 11th Ed if we already have the 10th ed? Many people says that the questions are overlap.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2006, 06:49
Actually, I wouldn't do any diagnostic test or practice questions yet. You'll waste a test if you are completely unfamiliar with the GMAT.

Read through the PR book to get an overview of the test and the types of questions and traps you'll see, then take your first diagnostic to see what your strengths and weaknesses are. Then start doing practice questions, one type at a time each night for 2-3 hours. After you've done that for each question type, take your next full test.

Review that test carefully to further hone in on your weaknesses (they may be general test problems, or specific to a question type). Then continue with practice questions. I would do practice questions during the week and one full test each weekend. If you haven't downloaded the GMATPrep tests, definitely do that -- they're free from http://www.mba.com.

As you go through the OG, the questions get progressively harder, so go straight through. If you need additional practice questions, there are some great ones here in the Challenges forum. You can also get separate verbal and math workbooks (I have PR's for both and would recommend them).

There is a sticky post on the home page of this GMAT forum about how to do an error log. Peruse that...very helpful.
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck'08
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2006, 22:38
where to start from ?

1st action is to buy the Official Guide and to start with it. the question are easy at the begining and become harder with the time so I think that it's the best way to be back into the high school memories in a soft way...try to master the easy concept and dont run into complex problems too fast...

Then you can start have a look at the forum, concerning the quant aspect I strongly advise you to have a look at ywilfred's excellent post http://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=17460

by the way, i would suggest to move his post or to do a coy of it as a sticky in the beginner section (just a suggestion :wink: )
  [#permalink] 13 Mar 2006, 22:38