Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 05:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

where would you go???

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

where would you go??? [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2006, 13:31
with these stats....assume geography and price were unimportant...

710 gmat
3.1 gpa
5 years of w/e including 4 as a supervisor to 8-16 people
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 423 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2006, 16:31
To visit a psychic?
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2006, 18:10
University of Hawaii... oh, umm, geography unimportant...hmm...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 257

Kudos [?]: 1556 [0], given: 7

Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2006, 18:39
University of Pheonix Online.

I dont know man, depends what you want to do. Tell us about yourself.

You are an above average GMAT taker.
You are a below average academic.
You manage a team of people but may not be a leader.
You work at some company somewhere doing something in some role for some reason but I dont know what.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2006, 19:53
Most of you answered exactly as I would have! Phoenix online is a good suggestion. Look, no one can really know if I am a amazing leader, or I got my promotion because I sucked off the big boss, so number stats are the only thing you can really guess. Assume average applicant intangibles and go off GPA and GMAT alone.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 423 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2006, 22:16
Anyone can look at the stats and make a guess. What's the point of asking your question here?

Your GMAT is in line with most of the top 15 schools. Your GPA is towards the bottom for top 15 schools. If you apply to these schools, your chances of gaining entry would be below the avergae admit rate. So say you wanted to apply to Columbia. Their admit rate is about 15%. Your scores are below average. Your chances of gaining admission are below 15% unless you have something else to distinguish your application.

If on the other hand you're looking at a trans-elite like Texas your GPA is still a good bit below their average, but your GMAT is higher than their average. Just going by the numbers, you probably have a chance in line with their overall admit rate of 40%.

Just going by your scores, if you apply to a bunch of the schools in the 7-15 range you have a chance of getting into one of them. You'd be an extremely long shot at Northwestern, Chicago or MIT, and have virtually no chance at Harvard, Stanford, Wharton or Columbia.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2006, 06:23
pelihu wrote:
Anyone can look at the stats and make a guess. What's the point of asking your question here?

Your GMAT is in line with most of the top 15 schools. Your GPA is towards the bottom for top 15 schools. If you apply to these schools, your chances of gaining entry would be below the avergae admit rate. So say you wanted to apply to Columbia. Their admit rate is about 15%. Your scores are below average. Your chances of gaining admission are below 15% unless you have something else to distinguish your application.

If on the other hand you're looking at a trans-elite like Texas your GPA is still a good bit below their average, but your GMAT is higher than their average. Just going by the numbers, you probably have a chance in line with their overall admit rate of 40%.

Just going by your scores, if you apply to a bunch of the schools in the 7-15 range you have a chance of getting into one of them. You'd be an extremely long shot at Northwestern, Chicago or MIT, and have virtually no chance at Harvard, Stanford, Wharton or Columbia.

I figured just about the same. However, due to the fact that your recs have to **** fill out a new form for every school, and can't just send generic rec to each school, really limits how many schools I feel I should apply to. I will prob just go to shithole Stayte U.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2006, 07:46
Did someone say Hawaii??

I serisouly thought about Hawaii for abut 5 mins. They have an mba program that has an exchange program with a university in China (where I want to work in the future) and I think they specialize in international business.

With the way international trade is going, I would think that such a program would be extremely valuable even if you stay in the US, considering how much business is done with china.

But of course I have no idea about the quality of their school or program etc...
  [#permalink] 05 Oct 2006, 07:46