Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 02:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Where would you like to travel?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 32

Re: Where would you like to travel? [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2010, 19:18
bb wrote:
Am I the only one who would like to go to Thailand? (I'd go anywhere frankly). The pace of life and people are something I have not seen anywhere else - they seem to be contempt and very happy with what they have (however little it is). Super friendly too.

The food rocks... I spent a whole week having Tom Yum Goong soup for every meal .I also had the best Crab ever in seaside resort .. It was crab cooked in gravy of more crab meat.. :-D
BSchool Thread Master
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 122 [0], given: 76

GMAT Tests User
Re: Where would you like to travel? [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2010, 09:39
BigRedEnvEng wrote:
Cano - sounds like a great trip! Is there a particular reason you're going to Amarillo? I'm not overly familiar with Texas, but really enjoyed Austin and Dallas, if you have some extra time. I'm still exploring the west coast, so not much help there.

Hey, didn't you know that Amarillo is a great tourist destination? Just kidding! I traveled with my parents, and my mom had to meet someone there, that's all. We spend just 3 or 4 hours there.
BSchool Thread Master

GMAT Tests User
Re: Where would you like to travel? [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2010, 09:46
bb wrote:
Am I the only one who would like to go to Thailand? (I'd go anywhere frankly). The pace of life and people are something I have not seen anywhere else - they seem to be contempt and very happy with what they have (however little it is). Super friendly too.

Great country. Been there twice, one month each time, for business though. I really liked the country, the people and their culture (at least what I could see). Their ways of life can teach you how to live better in your own place.
BSchool Thread Master

GMAT Tests User
Re: Where would you like to travel? [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2010, 09:55
YourDreamTheater wrote:
This may seem lame, but I want to see the west coast. I've grown up on the east coast of the USA and I've never been out west -- people have told me it's like a different world out there!

Hi there, you know, many people don't get to leave their countries and some even their state/province in their lifetime! I just got back from a 40 day trip through the US, and I can tell you that the west is great. Some relatives mentioned (a little as an excuse why they don't visit us that often) that the US is so large and there are so many nice places that the little vacations they get they prefer to travel inside the US. At the beginning it sounded a little weird for me, but after the trip I could see that there is some true on that. You just finish a trip and couldn't see everything, so you plan it already for the next vacation. When do you finish visiting all the nice places in your country to go abroad? In the case of the US it may take a while, as may be the case of other large countries. It was interesting to see this perspective.
GRE Forum Moderator
Affiliations: PMP certified, IT professional
Schools: CMU, Kelley
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 2

Re: Where would you like to travel? [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2010, 09:17
I would love to go to Rajasthan in India. I have always been enticed by the grandiose forts and palaces and the sanddunes of Rajasthan.

I have heard it is really hot there though :)
Re: Where would you like to travel?   [#permalink] 20 Jul 2010, 09:17