Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:22 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3593 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Re: whether to complaint about test centre? pls advise [#permalink]
gurpreetsingh wrote:
If you complain, you have 50% chance of getting the test reschedule.

If you don't then 100 % chance of not getting the test reschedule.

Good luck ahead.

I like your response, very strong logic. :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 5419 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
WE 1: 3.5 yrs IT
WE 2: 2.5 yrs Retail chain
Send PM
Mod note: keep comments respectful

Can you tell at which test center this mishappening took place?

Pkit wrote:
gurpreetsingh wrote:
If you complain, you have 50% chance of getting the test reschedule.

If you don't then 100 % chance of not getting the test reschedule.

Good luck ahead.

I like your response, very strong logic. :)
VP
VP
Send PM
right now, I have already sent the complaint to Pearson Vue.
VP
VP
Send PM
Outcome.

Pearson VUE replied that they carefully reviewed my case and will neither redeem me the cost of the test nor cancel out my score. :x
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 154 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Pkit wrote:
Outcome.

Pearson VUE replied that they carefully reviewed my case and will neither redeem me the cost of the test nor cancel out my score. :x

on what basis...asked them to share your video footage

if actually you pen was not working fine then it can be easily detected with footage.

Screw them up...
VP
VP
Send PM
smartmundu wrote:

on what basis...asked them to share your video footage

if actually you pen was not working fine then it can be easily detected with footage.

Screw them up...

Thank you for support, I would rather spent this time preparing for the GMAT and demosntate my abilities rather that arguing with them, becasue it is too time- consuming process.

For thoise who are will communicate GMAT customer service, CC American GMAC customer service as European did not reply me for about two weeks.
GRE Forum Moderator
Affiliations: PMP certified, IT professional
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: MS -IS
Schools:CMU, Kelley
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
I think you did the right thing by complaining.

The 250 USD exam fee should take care of such basic things like this.
VP
VP
Send PM
resh wrote:
I think you did the right thing by complaining.

The 250 USD exam fee should take care of such basic things like this.

thanks ;)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Schools:Ross
 Q50  V45
GPA: 2.7
Send PM
Really sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience.
I feel that GMAC doesn't have good customer service from my experiences with using their payment systems online. I think this stems from their monopoly over the GMAT test ... they have no incentive to improve their image or service -- which other company would we switch over to ?
VP
VP
Send PM
sanlitun wrote:
Really sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience.
I feel that GMAC doesn't have good customer service from my experiences with using their payment systems online. I think this stems from their monopoly over the GMAT test ... they have no incentive to improve their image or service -- which other company would we switch over to ?

Thanks.
I completly agree with you. Theoretically one can pass GRE, which is accepted by some schools, practically I would not take GRE.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Kudos
This is really silly! They charge 250$ but they cannot give you a proper pen. Does anyone have any similiar issues like this? Last thing you want to happen on the test day is that little things like this are trying to destroy you.
VP
VP
Send PM
lalithajob wrote:
This is really silly! They charge 250$ but they cannot give you a proper pen. Does anyone have any similiar issues like this? Last thing you want to happen on the test day is that little things like this are trying to destroy you.

thanks for support, mate :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Respected sir,
I wrote my gmat exam, this noon(9/11/12, 12pm) in chennai center, india, and I have complaint, in regard to a question, which I received in integrated reasoning. I received a numerical error in middle of integrated reasoning, for numerical data, the screen displayed me with $ symbol. What I mean is, it was an investment based reasoning question and for that one amount was clear and the other was given to me like 12$$000... Formally, I followed all such procedure. I rose my hand, caled my supervisor, made him a complaint and he, by the way assured me that he would make a complaint but as now, he left to me with no option than to continue with such error, with time left, after such all this formal conversation. I am so worried and I regret for such thing, happened today. Please, should I demand a proper explanation. Shall I make a complaint... Help me people here

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72858 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
PM Sent with details on how to file a complaint with a GMAC contact.
Thank you.
Good Luck. Hope it does not affect your scores.

BB.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
bb wrote:
Thank you.

BB.

Gmatclubers,

I went to take my GMAT at a center in India and had similar experience with the pens. In addition the test center was noisy and the proctor simply said that he cannot control the outside noise. He also said that he cannot provide me with noise cancelling or any kind of headsets because he was already requested for the headsets and Pearson hasn't sent the headsets yet. The proctor had his cell phone turned on and was sitting a couple of foot steps away from me. There was a glass wall between me and the proctor but that didn't extend to the roof and therefore I could clearly hear when his cell phone said "you have a new SMS". What a joke ! I left the test after an hour and ten minutes and in that period, I had to change the pens four times. I simply told the proctor that this is a breach of agreement between test providers and test takers and the test is no longer standardized because the pens ate 5-7 minutes out of my IR section and noise ate 4-5 minutes of my quant section.
I will very frankly say that since this issue involves Pearson India, I doubt that justice will be served. When I spoke to the Pearson guys today morning, they simply said that proctor told them that there were no issues. WTF ?? Off course he will say that, what else did they expect from him , that he will boldly accept his mistakes.
After this, I have sent a seven page letter to the regional operations head and just sent an email to Pearson's vice president of global operations. The thing that is bothering me is why are they not opening the video recording from the examination ? That recording will explain the drama very well. Also, if anyone goes to the test center during day or night, he can clearly see that the test center is located at a very noisy place and staircase runs underneath the examination room. Not providing proper headsets, they are tacitly indicating that test taker's score are dependent on luck and chances of not getting disturbed.
BB or anyone, can you guys advise me on how to deal with this issue ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
thenyrock wrote:
bb wrote:
Thank you.

BB.

Gmatclubers,

I went to take my GMAT at a center in India and had similar experience with the pens. In addition the test center was noisy and the proctor simply said that he cannot control the outside noise. He also said that he cannot provide me with noise cancelling or any kind of headsets because he was already requested for the headsets and Pearson hasn't sent the headsets yet. The proctor had his cell phone turned on and was sitting a couple of foot steps away from me. There was a glass wall between me and the proctor but that didn't extend to the roof and therefore I could clearly hear when his cell phone said "you have a new SMS". What a joke ! I left the test after an hour and ten minutes and in that period, I had to change the pens four times. I simply told the proctor that this is a breach of agreement between test providers and test takers and the test is no longer standardized because the pens ate 5-7 minutes out of my IR section and noise ate 4-5 minutes of my quant section.
I will very frankly say that since this issue involves Pearson India, I doubt that justice will be served. When I spoke to the Pearson guys today morning, they simply said that proctor told them that there were no issues. WTF ?? Off course he will say that, what else did they expect from him , that he will boldly accept his mistakes.
After this, I have sent a seven page letter to the regional operations head and just sent an email to Pearson's vice president of global operations. The thing that is bothering me is why are they not opening the video recording from the examination ? That recording will explain the drama very well. Also, if anyone goes to the test center during day or night, he can clearly see that the test center is located at a very noisy place and staircase runs underneath the examination room. Not providing proper headsets, they are tacitly indicating that test taker's score are dependent on luck and chances of not getting disturbed.
BB or anyone, can you guys advise me on how to deal with this issue ?

this is a valid concern please tell me where to complain about it..i too faced same concerns.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 440
Send PM
I had bad experience yesterday when I wrote Gmat. Ac effect was so cold, it impacted my verbal score badly. First Half was fine and I got good math score -Q48. In second half all of sudden the Ac effect was very cold. I raised hand but no one turned up. As I didn't want to waste time I proceeded further.In the end it was worse I couldn't focus and got very low score V-18. Overall -540. Should I report to Pearson?

Sent from my D6502 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37296 posts