Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 03:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

which b-school to choose - need some guidance

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

which b-school to choose - need some guidance [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2004, 09:17
I am finding it difficult to identify the list of schools to which i need to apply.
A little info about my background.

Origin : India
Education : B.E (Engineering) from BITS, Pilani ( One of the top ranked Engineering colleges in India), CGPA 8.25/10 ( am not sure as to what this translates to in terms of GPA)
Work Ex : 6 years of work experience, 7 years when I will start my MBA. For the first 2 and a half years, I was managing one of our family businesses independently. This is a small manufacturing company that employs around 34 people. I have very interesting incidents to cite that can illustrate my leadership skills, creativity and team managing abilities. And then due to personal reasons that are highly convincing I shifted to IT field and here have been promoted to manage my own team of 9 members. Have got very good client appreciations and recognition within my organization. I am currently working in India and have worked in the US for over two years.
GMAT : 670 ( bit dissapointed with this score, but planned to apply with it).
Career Goal: Immediately after an MBA, I would like to get into General Management or Management Consulting. After gaining sufficient international exposture, I would like to start my own company.

My Questions -
1. With my current work experience and background, would it be possible for me to convince the AdCom of my interest in GM or Mgmt Consulting.
2. What schools would be a good fit for me. I am ruling out the top 10 schools because of my low GMAT score. Also, I would like to apply to schools whose average GMAT score is much lower than my score so that my chances of admission and aid will be brighter ( I am considering aid/ GA/TA in deciding my b-school) . Also, can you recommend some regional schools that are specialized in GM or Mgmt Consulting with lower fees and relatively good career services ( Dont know if I am asking for too much ).
3. Could you suggest some web sites that rank the MBA schools in terms of ROI, specializations, public/private schools.

It would be very very helpful if anyone can provide any info.

Thanks.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes