Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 00:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Which B-Schools for "impact investing"?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Which B-Schools for "impact investing"? [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2013, 23:02
Are you interested in "impact investing" or ethical/social/environmental friendly investing? Does anyone have any recommendations of top B-Schools having a particular strong emphasis on this?

I wish to further develop a career path working with "impact investing" (II) at a managerial level. Currently im working as an Analyst in a pioneering II/PE firm.

So far I know that Stanford has a strong focus via their "Center for Social Innovation", while Oxford have their Skoll institute. Moreover, I have noticed that Cornell has a strong focus on sustainability via their MBA while INSEAD have their "Social Innovation Center".

E.g. does Wharton/Booth/CBS/Harvard or other top B-School move in the same direction, and how do they do it?

It should not be mistaken that I wish to work in the fast moving industry of for-profits doing ethical/social/environmental investments (Not work in an NGOs), and as such I am aiming to develop further knowledge especially in finance so that I can apply this and other business principles. This also may imply that I will have to work a couple of years in IB/PE/VC/Consulting to aquire the necessary tools to get a position.

As I have a quite diverse background (experience from a major DFI, as a financial reporter and with a startup - in addition to being Norwegian) I belive my profil might be attractive for many B-Schools and therefore see no reason to leave any Ultra Elites or Elites out. But, a prerequisite is that they provide both courses/academic experience in this new and upcoming field within finance.
Which B-Schools for "impact investing"?   [#permalink] 06 Oct 2013, 23:02