Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 16:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Which Business schools provide open interviews

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 80 [0], given: 157

Which Business schools provide open interviews [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2011, 23:10
Schools Offering Open interviews

School Name # Deadline
----------------------
Duke # Oct 14

I can think of only this one, what about booth, cornell, haas, tepper, ucla?

Anyone care to share?

I applied to EA duke, but undecided whether to use open interview. In my application form, I mentioned "no" to the question whether i attended open interview, but I am having my doubts, whether to take advantage of the open interview opportunity.

I am an Indian, and there is this whole process of tourist visa, flight tickets, so on. It only takes 2 days to process, and I am just really confused because Duke is a top priority.

Any opinions, any Indians or Internationals took the trouble to travel just for attending open interviews?

Thank you.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 2

Re: Which Business schools provide open interviews [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2011, 07:12
This post received
KUDOS
BlueRobin wrote:
Schools Offering Open interviews

School Name # Deadline
----------------------
Duke # Oct 14

I can think of only this one, what about booth, cornell, haas, tepper, ucla?

Anyone care to share?

I applied to EA duke, but undecided whether to use open interview. In my application form, I mentioned "no" to the question whether i attended open interview, but I am having my doubts, whether to take advantage of the open interview opportunity.

I am an Indian, and there is this whole process of tourist visa, flight tickets, so on. It only takes 2 days to process, and I am just really confused because Duke is a top priority.

Any opinions, any Indians or Internationals took the trouble to travel just for attending open interviews?

Thank you.

Tuck! Up in Ye Olde Hanover in New Hampshire. Not sure which else though :) i know for sure eneither booth or cornell have and havent seen or heard about open interviews for the other school.s

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 76 [1] , given: 27

Re: Which Business schools provide open interviews [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2011, 08:23
This post received
KUDOS
Kellogg invites everyone to interview.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CBS Class of 2014
Concentration: Finance
Schools: CBS '14 (M)
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 8

Premium Member
Re: Which Business schools provide open interviews [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2011, 09:01
See this is very interesting... while it has benefit to applicants who want the interview to emphasize their candidacy.. it also doesn't give you "heads-up" that you get elsewhere. Said different, if interview by invite only, and it's 4 weeks in and you get a call.. you know your being considered... but if you already interview beforehand... you have no idea the interest of the school until ding/admit time

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 76 [1] , given: 27

Re: Which Business schools provide open interviews [#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2011, 09:50
This post received
KUDOS
losttraveler wrote:
See this is very interesting... while it has benefit to applicants who want the interview to emphasize their candidacy.. it also doesn't give you "heads-up" that you get elsewhere. Said different, if interview by invite only, and it's 4 weeks in and you get a call.. you know your being considered... but if you already interview beforehand... you have no idea the interest of the school until ding/admit time

+1

It also gives those candidates who might lack strong statistics (i.e. gpa/gmat/WE) a great shot at strengthening their candidacy.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 80 [0], given: 157

Re: Which Business schools provide open interviews [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2011, 10:39
Thanks for the replies. +1 for ya all.
Re: Which Business schools provide open interviews   [#permalink] 05 Oct 2011, 10:39