Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 09:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Which GMAT score should I use?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Which GMAT score should I use? [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2010, 21:58
Hi, sorry this is a repost from the Peer Review forum, but I wanted to seek some professional insight.

Here is the deal with my GMAT:

Test 1: 720 (94th %tile) -- Q44 (68th %tile) / V45 (98th %tile) / AWA 6.0
Test 2: 710 (92nd %tile) -- Q47 (77th %tile) / V40 (89th %tile) / AWA 6.0

Unfortunately for round 2 with the GMAT mistress, I was too focused on getting every verbal answer perfect since I knew a high verbal was my ticket to a super high score. Alas, I totally forgot to keep track of the time and ended up rushing through 20q's in 24 mins... yeah, rookie mistake. Oh well.

So now which score should I submit on my applications? (I did elect to automatically send my scores when I took the GMAT but I am asking about the online application where they ask for details)

The schools to which I am applying if that makes a difference: MIT, Yale, CBS, and maybe NYU.

Work background is in finance (perhaps giving credence to my profile if I use the 720 low quant score). Thanks in advance for the help!!! Perhaps the difference is trivial, but I certainly would appreciate your professional thoughts!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 347 [0], given: 64

Re: Which GMAT score should I use? [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2010, 19:08
Expert's post
colette wrote:
Hi, sorry this is a repost from the Peer Review forum, but I wanted to seek some professional insight.

Here is the deal with my GMAT:

Test 1: 720 (94th %tile) -- Q44 (68th %tile) / V45 (98th %tile) / AWA 6.0
Test 2: 710 (92nd %tile) -- Q47 (77th %tile) / V40 (89th %tile) / AWA 6.0

Unfortunately for round 2 with the GMAT mistress, I was too focused on getting every verbal answer perfect since I knew a high verbal was my ticket to a super high score. Alas, I totally forgot to keep track of the time and ended up rushing through 20q's in 24 mins... yeah, rookie mistake. Oh well.

So now which score should I submit on my applications? (I did elect to automatically send my scores when I took the GMAT but I am asking about the online application where they ask for details)

The schools to which I am applying if that makes a difference: MIT, Yale, CBS, and maybe NYU.

Work background is in finance (perhaps giving credence to my profile if I use the 720 low quant score). Thanks in advance for the help!!! Perhaps the difference is trivial, but I certainly would appreciate your professional thoughts!

If you have a choice, I would recommend you provide Test 2. The Q percentile is very close to 80 and you have other evidence of quant skill. Your verbal is a nice 89%. If the see both scores, it's not so terrible. I think Tuck and INSEAD will take the highest quant and the highest verbal even if earned on different test dates.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog