Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 09:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Which of the following best completes the passage below? At

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Which of the following best completes the passage below? At [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2005, 02:32
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
62. Which of the following best completes the passage below?
At a recent conference on environmental threats to the North Sea, most participating countries favored uniform controls on the quality of effluents, whether or not specific environmental damage could be attributed to a particular source of effluent.

What must, of course, be shown, in order to avoid excessively restrictive controls, is that ___________.

(A) any uniform controls that are adopted are likely to be implemented without delay
(B) any substance to be made subject to controls can actually cause environmental damage
(C) the countries favoring uniform controls are those generating the largest quantities of effluents
(D) all of any given pollutant that is to be controlled actually reaches the North Sea at present
(E) environmental damage already inflicted on the North Sea is reversible
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2005, 17:01
B i think it is!

Success is my only option, failure is not -- Eminem

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2005, 17:33
B because if the substances that can actually effect and cause environmental damage can give the countries every reason to tighten their control. Therefore, it would not be considered as excessive because it is a need
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2005, 17:33
I like be. If we want to limit the restriction, we should identify what specific effleuents were are restricitng rather than restricitng all of them.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2005, 14:15
I think it is B.

hey ya......

[#permalink] 09 Dec 2005, 14:15