Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 20:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Which of the following most logically completes the passage?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
McCombs Thread Master
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 22

CAT Tests
Which of the following most logically completes the passage? [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2013, 03:37
For the past several years, a certain technology has been widely used to transmit data among networked computers. Recently two data transmission companies, Aptron and Gammatech, have each developed separate systems that allow network data transmission at rates ten times faster than the current technology allows. Although the systems are similarly priced and are equally easy to use, Aptron's product is likely to dominate the market, because _______________.

A. Gammatech has been in the business if designing data transmission systems for several years more than Aptron has
B. the number of small businesses that need computer networking systems is likely to double over the next few years
C. it is much more likely that Gammatech's system will be expandable to meet future needs
D. unlike many data transmission companies, Aptron and Gammatech develop computers in addition to data transmission systems
E. it is easier for users of the current data transmission technology to switch to Aptron's product than to Gammatech's

I think the answer should be E, as it gives a correct reason as to why Aptron's product will dominate Gammatech's product as users will find it easier to switch to the earlier system (Aptron's). Also this implies that Aptron's product might be similar to the current data transmission technology in use.

Please throw some light on the above.

My GMAT debrief

greatness is not about possessing talent but about having the discipline to summon that talent whenever needed!!!

Please Kudos my post if it helped you!!

Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 65

Kudos [?]: 679 [0], given: 116

Premium Member
Re: Which of the following most logically completes the passage? [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2013, 03:54
I would go with E as well... It is the only option which gives a solid reason for preferring Aptron over Gammatech.. What is the OA?

Did you find this post helpful?... Please let me know through the Kudos button.

Thanks To The Almighty - My GMAT Debrief

GMAT Reading Comprehension: 7 Most Common Passage Types

Re: Which of the following most logically completes the passage?   [#permalink] 02 Apr 2013, 03:54