Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 09 Feb 2016, 16:37
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above,

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 3.86
WE: Accounting (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 130 [0], given: 16

Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above, [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 02:39
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

55% (hard)

Question Stats:

50% (01:48) correct 50% (00:50) wrong based on 132 sessions
(9,12,15,18,21)

Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above, will increase the standard deviation of the set?

I. 14, 16
II. 9, 21
III. 15, 100

(A) II only
(B) III only
(C) I and II
(D) II and III
(E) I, II, and III

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Hi Bunnel,

I am confused with a small concept. Can you please help with this below concept?

This is a problem from Manhattan 13th Edition

consider Set {9,12,15,18,21}

Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above, will increase the standard deviation of the set?

1. 14, 16
2. 9, 21
3. 15, 100

Here is my reasoning

I know that with Options 2 & Option 3 the SD will increase as we are adding numbers whose difference between Mean the corresponding new adding number is maximum i.e the difference is >= the max difference between any two numbers prior to the adding of the two new numbers.

Now with Option 1

I know that the numbers are closer to mean so SD will decrease, but here can i generalize always that for SD to increase the two new added numbers must be such that the difference between the two new added numbers and the mean must always be >=6 or it is enough if the difference between one new added number (among the two numbers) and the mean is >=6 ?

I think i am making things complex, but don't know somehow got confused....

Thanks in advance

Regards
Srinath
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

+1 Kudos If found helpful..

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 10

Re: Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above, [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 07:06
mydreammba wrote:
Hi Bunnel,

I am confused with a small concept. Can you please help with this below concept?

1. 14, 16
2. 9, 21
3. 15, 100

Here is my reasoning

I know that with Options 2 & Option 3 the SD will increase as we are adding numbers whose difference between Mean the corresponding new adding number is maximum i.e the difference is >= the max difference between any two numbers prior to the adding of the two new numbers.

Now with Option 1

I know that the numbers are closer to mean so SD will decrease, but here can i generalize always that for SD to increase the two new added numbers must be such that the difference between the two new added numbers and the mean must always be >=6 or it is enough if the difference between one new added number (among the two numbers) and the mean is >=6 ?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Srinath

Mean of the above set would be = 15

so if the number added are closer to the mean then SD will decrease and vice-versa.
=> 14,16 will lower SD and other two would increase as copared to 14,16, but i think 15,100 would increase SD to the most, so i got confused as in which set to should be take as base to compare.

Please Clarify people !!

Thanks
Director
Director

Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above, [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2012, 19:35
This post was
BOOKMARKED
{9, 12, 15, 18, 21}

I. 14, 16
II. 9, 21
III. 15, 100

(A) II only
(B) III only
(C) I and II
(D) II and III
(E) I, II, and III

[Reveal] Spoiler:
i Mikemcgarry,

Appreciate your reply to this doubt

1. 14, 16
2. 9, 21
3. 15, 100

Here is my reasoning

Now with Option 1

Thanks in advance

Regards
Srinath

Manager
Manager
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 77 [0], given: 15

Re: Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above, [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2012, 02:39
My two cents on this....

more the values in the sets are away from the mean more is the standard deviation. I think as in the option 3 the number hundred will shoot up the standard deviation significantly and hence it would increase the standard deviation...Now we can see that the average of the set is 15 and option 1 and option 2 both has an average of 15 so both of them should not affect the SD...hence the answer should be the 3) 15, 100

Mike am I correct ??
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Said (D)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Sales (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 19

Re: Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above, [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2012, 05:15
Think like that:

is the average total deviation of the two numbers to the mean of the set higher than the mean deviation of the numbers in the set?

or just take the mean of the lower half and the upper half of the set. if a number is outside this interval it will increase sd otherwise decrease

Hodor?

Kudo!

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Followers: 943

Kudos [?]: 3967 [1] , given: 44

Re: Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above, [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2012, 14:37
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
mydreammba wrote:

1. 14, 16
2. 9, 21
3. 15, 100

Here is my reasoning

Now with Option 1

I am responding to a pm from mydreammba.

First of all, your reasoning as regards these three pairs of numbers is perfectly correct. Option #2 increases the SD, option #3 flamboyantly increases the SD, and option #1 decreases the SD.

Now, as far as generalizing --- what you are suggesting there is not correct.

Think about mean first. Suppose Set Q has a mean of 7. If I add a new number that's more than the mean, more than 7, adding it to the set will increase the mean of the set. If I add a number that's less than the mean, less than 7, adding it to the set will decrease the mean of the set.

Well, the Standard Deviation is a kind of mean, a kind of average. If you add a pair of numbers, equal and opposite distances from the mean, whose deviations from the mean is (in absolute values terms) more than the standard deviation of the set, then adding these numbers will increase the average among the deviations from the mean, that is to say, it will increase the SD of the set. If you add a pair of numbers, equal and opposite deviations from the mean, whose distance from the mean is less than the standard deviation of the set, then adding these numbers will decrease the average among the deviations from the mean, that is to say, it will decrease the SD of the set. If you add numbers that are not symmetrically distributed with respect to the mean, then that changes the mean itself, which means every single value has a new deviation from the mean, so all bets are off (the test will not ask you about this case, unless it's really obvious, as in Option #3).

In problems like this, no one actually expects you to calculate the SD. The GMAT will not expect you to do that. You are just be asked to estimate.

Now, when I look at the set {9,12,15,18,21}, it's symmetrically distributed. I know the mean is 15. The deviations from the mean are {-6, -3, 0, 3, 6} ----- none of them in this particular set has an absolute value greater than six, so the SD absolutely can't be greater than 6 --- in fact it has to be less than 6. (Any average over several values has to be lower than the largest value.) That's why six is a crucial number in this particular case.

In the set {30, 40, 50, 60, 70}, the mean is 50, and the largest deviations from the mean are +/-20, so the SD must be less than 20. Adding {47, 53} would definitely decrease the SC. Adding {30, 70) would definitely increase the SD. Adding {30, 500) would also increase the SD.

Does all this make sense?

Mike :-)

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Director
Director

Re: Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above, [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2012, 22:29
mikemcgarry wrote:
mydreammba wrote:

1. 14, 16
2. 9, 21
3. 15, 100

Here is my reasoning

Now with Option 1

I am responding to a pm from mydreammba.

First of all, your reasoning as regards these three pairs of numbers is perfectly correct. Option #2 increases the SD, option #3 flamboyantly increases the SD, and option #1 decreases the SD.

Now, as far as generalizing --- what you are suggesting there is not correct.

Think about mean first. Suppose Set Q has a mean of 7. If I add a new number that's more than the mean, more than 7, adding it to the set will increase the mean of the set. If I add a number that's less than the mean, less than 7, adding it to the set will decrease the mean of the set.

Well, the Standard Deviation is a kind of mean, a kind of average. If you add a pair of numbers, equal and opposite distances from the mean, whose deviations from the mean is (in absolute values terms) more than the standard deviation of the set, then adding these numbers will increase the average among the deviations from the mean, that is to say, it will increase the SD of the set. If you add a pair of numbers, equal and opposite deviations from the mean, whose distance from the mean is less than the standard deviation of the set, then adding these numbers will decrease the average among the deviations from the mean, that is to say, it will decrease the SD of the set. If you add numbers that are not symmetrically distributed with respect to the mean, then that changes the mean itself, which means every single value has a new deviation from the mean, so all bets are off (the test will not ask you about this case, unless it's really obvious, as in Option #3).

In problems like this, no one actually expects you to calculate the SD. The GMAT will not expect you to do that. You are just be asked to estimate.

Now, when I look at the set {9,12,15,18,21}, it's symmetrically distributed. I know the mean is 15. The deviations from the mean are {-6, -3, 0, 3, 6} ----- none of them in this particular set has an absolute value greater than six, so the SD absolutely can't be greater than 6 --- in fact it has to be less than 6. (Any average over several values has to be lower than the largest value.) That's why six is a crucial number in this particular case.

In the set {30, 40, 50, 60, 70}, the mean is 50, and the largest deviations from the mean are +/-20, so the SD must be less than 20. Adding {47, 53} would definitely decrease the SC. Adding {30, 70) would definitely increase the SD. Adding {30, 500) would also increase the SD.

Does all this make sense?

Mike :-)

Thanks Mike for a wonderful reply, now i get it

Expert Post
Math Expert
Followers: 5352

Kudos [?]: 62273 [0], given: 9445

Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above, [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2015, 01:26
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Followers: 597

Kudos [?]: 4631 [1] , given: 755

Re: Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above, [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2015, 02:43
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 113

Re: Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above, [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2015, 07:22
I think all three increase the Stand deviation.

I went the traditional method with a bit of guessing. Please let me know if correct.

Bunuel wrote:
{9, 12, 15, 18, 21}

I. 14, 16
II. 9, 21
III. 15, 100

(A) II only
(B) III only
(C) I and II
(D) II and III
(E) I, II, and III

Kudos for a correct solution.

Kudos to you, for helping me with some KUDOS.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above, [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2015, 07:28
I think Carcass is right. My apologies.

Bunuel wrote:
{9, 12, 15, 18, 21}

I. 14, 16
II. 9, 21
III. 15, 100

(A) II only
(B) III only
(C) I and II
(D) II and III
(E) I, II, and III

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
VP
VP
GMAT: INSIGHT
WE: Education (Education)
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 817 [2] , given: 40

Re: Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above, [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2015, 07:46
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Bunuel wrote:
{9, 12, 15, 18, 21}

I. 14, 16
II. 9, 21
III. 15, 100

(A) II only
(B) III only
(C) I and II
(D) II and III
(E) I, II, and III

CONCEPT:Standard Deviation represents Average Deviation of the terms from the mean of the set

Rule 1: If the new terms included in the set are at a Higher distance from mean than the Standard Deviation will INCREASE
Rule 2: If the new terms included in the set are at a Lower distance from mean than the Standard Deviation will DECREASE

Set - {9, 12, 15, 18, 21} i.e. Mean = 15 (Middle Term as all terms are equally separated) and Deviation between consecutive terms = 3

I - New Set Becomes {9, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, 21} i.e. New Terms (14,16) are closer to the Mean of the set Hence Standard Deviation will DECREASE

II - New Set Becomes {9, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21} i.e. New Terms (9,21) are at MORE Distance (greater than 3) from the Mean of the set Hence Standard Deviation will INCREASE

III - New Set Becomes {9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 51, 100} i.e. New Terms (51,100) are at FAR MORE Distance from the Mean of the set Hence Standard Deviation will INCREASE

Answer: Option
[Reveal] Spoiler:
D

Prosper!!!

GMATinsight

Bhoopendra Singh and Dr.Sushma Jha

e-mail: info@GMATinsight.com
Call us : +91-9999687183 / 9891333772

http://www.GMATinsight.com/testimonials.html

Contact for One-on-One LIVE ONLINE (SKYPE Based) or CLASSROOM Quant/Verbal FREE Demo Class

READ: http://gmatclub.com/forum/620-to-760-getting-reborn-161230.html

Classroom Centre Address:
GMATinsight
107, 1st Floor, Krishna Mall,
Sector-12 (Main market),
Dwarka, New Delhi-110075

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above, [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2015, 07:59
Hi GMATInsight,

Please could you help me with this question...as I am a bit weak in stats.

Rule 1: If the new terms included in the set are at a Higher distance from mean than the Standard Deviation will INCREASE

I want to know do we need to calculate the mean again after adding the new variables. I ask this question because you mentioned 'New Terms (9,21) are at MORE Distance (greater than 3)' , which are actually 6 units away from the mean.

Thank you in advance.

GMATinsight wrote:
Bunuel wrote:
{9, 12, 15, 18, 21}

I. 14, 16
II. 9, 21
III. 15, 100

(A) II only
(B) III only
(C) I and II
(D) II and III
(E) I, II, and III

CONCEPT:Standard Deviation represents Average Deviation of the terms from the mean of the set

Rule 2: If the new terms included in the set are at a Lower distance from mean than the Standard Deviation will DECREASE

Set - {9, 12, 15, 18, 21} i.e. Mean = 15 (Middle Term as all terms are equally separated) and Deviation between consecutive terms = 3

I - New Set Becomes {9, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, 21} i.e. New Terms (14,16) are closer to the Mean of the set Hence Standard Deviation will DECREASE

II - New Set Becomes {9, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21} i.e. New Terms (9,21) are at MORE Distance (greater than 3) from the Mean of the set Hence Standard Deviation will INCREASE

III - New Set Becomes {9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 51, 100} i.e. New Terms (51,100) are at FAR MORE Distance from the Mean of the set Hence Standard Deviation will INCREASE

Answer: Option
[Reveal] Spoiler:
D

Expert Post
VP
VP
GMAT: INSIGHT
WE: Education (Education)
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 817 [0], given: 40

Re: Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above, [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2015, 08:08
Expert's post
shriramvelamuri wrote:
Hi GMATInsight,

Please could you help me with this question...as I am a bit weak in stats.

I want to know do we need to calculate the mean again after adding the new variables. I ask this question because you mentioned 'New Terms (9,21) are at MORE Distance (greater than 3)' , which are actually 6 units away from the mean.

Thank you in advance.

Yes, You are right about your comment.

We don't have to calculate the New mean but look at the new set from the perspective of Mean of Old set only. The fact to observe is

Old set had consecutive terms at a gap of 3

The new terms 9 and 21, are at a gap higher than 3 from the previous mean (gap between 9 and 15=6 and similarly gap between 15 and 21 = 6), then the average deviation will automatically increase thereby increasing the standard deviation.

I hope it clears your doubt!

Prosper!!!

GMATinsight

Bhoopendra Singh and Dr.Sushma Jha

e-mail: info@GMATinsight.com
Call us : +91-9999687183 / 9891333772

http://www.GMATinsight.com/testimonials.html

Contact for One-on-One LIVE ONLINE (SKYPE Based) or CLASSROOM Quant/Verbal FREE Demo Class

READ: http://gmatclub.com/forum/620-to-760-getting-reborn-161230.html

Classroom Centre Address:
GMATinsight
107, 1st Floor, Krishna Mall,
Sector-12 (Main market),
Dwarka, New Delhi-110075

Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Concentration: Economics, Finance
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 729 [0], given: 302

GMAT ToolKit User Top 10 in overall
Re: Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above, [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2015, 11:46
Bunuel wrote:
{9, 12, 15, 18, 21}

I. 14, 16
II. 9, 21
III. 15, 100

(A) II only
(B) III only
(C) I and II
(D) II and III
(E) I, II, and III

The set is evenly spaced with an average and median of 15. To increase the standard deviation of the set, we need to have numbers deviating as much as possible from the mean (15).

I. 14, 16 > they actually decrease the SD, being very close to the mean (i.e. having a smaller diffrence to the mean than 3)
II. 9, 21 > Clearly increase SD because 9 and 21 are farther away from 15
III. 15, 100 > Clearly increases SD with 100

Answer D

Saving was yesterday, heat up the gmatclub.forum's sentiment by spending KUDOS!

PS Please send me PM if I do not respond to your question within 24 hours.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 7

Re: Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above, [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2015, 09:08
This post received
KUDOS
SD = deviation from the mean!
Added values closer to the mean/=mean = SD decreases
Added values if far away from the mean = SD Increases
if the set has same/equal values and you add more same values to the set = SD = 0
Answer D
Expert Post
Math Expert

Re: Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above, [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2015, 05:30
Expert's post
Bunuel wrote:
{9, 12, 15, 18, 21}

I. 14, 16
II. 9, 21
III. 15, 100

(A) II only
(B) III only
(C) I and II
(D) II and III
(E) I, II, and III

MANHATTAN GMAT OFFICIAL SOLUTION:

Fortunately, you do not need to perform any calculations to answer this question. The mean of the set is 15. Take a look at each Roman Numeral:

I. The numbers 14 and 16 are both very close to the mean (15). Additionally, they are closer to the mean than four of the numbers in the set, and will reduce the spread around the mean. This pair of numbers will reduce the standard deviation of the set.

II. The numbers 9 and 21 are relatively far away from the mean (15). Adding them to the list will increase the spread of the set and increase the standard deviation.

III. While adding the number 15 to the set would actually decrease the standard deviation (because it is the same as the mean of the set), the number 100 is so far away from the mean that it will greatly increase the standard deviation of the set. This pair of numbers will increase the standard deviation.

Answer: D.

New to the Math Forum?
Please read this: All You Need for Quant | PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW: 12 Rules for Posting!!!

Resources:
GMAT Math Book | Triangles | Polygons | Coordinate Geometry | Factorials | Circles | Number Theory | Remainders; 8. Overlapping Sets | PDF of Math Book; 10. Remainders | GMAT Prep Software Analysis | SEVEN SAMURAI OF 2012 (BEST DISCUSSIONS) | Tricky questions from previous years.

Collection of Questions:
PS: 1. Tough and Tricky questions; 2. Hard questions; 3. Hard questions part 2; 4. Standard deviation; 5. Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions; 6. Probability and Combinations Questions With Solutions; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 12 Easy Pieces (or not?); 9 Bakers' Dozen; 10 Algebra set. ,11 Mixed Questions, 12 Fresh Meat

DS: 1. DS tough questions; 2. DS tough questions part 2; 3. DS tough questions part 3; 4. DS Standard deviation; 5. Inequalities; 6. 700+ GMAT Data Sufficiency Questions With Explanations; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 The Discreet Charm of the DS; 9 Devil's Dozen!!!; 10 Number Properties set., 11 New DS set.

What are GMAT Club Tests?
Extra-hard Quant Tests with Brilliant Analytics

Expert Post
Math Expert

Re: Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above, [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2015, 05:31
Expert's post
Bunuel wrote:
Bunuel wrote:
{9, 12, 15, 18, 21}

I. 14, 16
II. 9, 21
III. 15, 100

(A) II only
(B) III only
(C) I and II
(D) II and III
(E) I, II, and III

MANHATTAN GMAT OFFICIAL SOLUTION:

Fortunately, you do not need to perform any calculations to answer this question. The mean of the set is 15. Take a look at each Roman Numeral:

I. The numbers 14 and 16 are both very close to the mean (15). Additionally, they are closer to the mean than four of the numbers in the set, and will reduce the spread around the mean. This pair of numbers will reduce the standard deviation of the set.

II. The numbers 9 and 21 are relatively far away from the mean (15). Adding them to the list will increase the spread of the set and increase the standard deviation.

III. While adding the number 15 to the set would actually decrease the standard deviation (because it is the same as the mean of the set), the number 100 is so far away from the mean that it will greatly increase the standard deviation of the set. This pair of numbers will increase the standard deviation.

Answer: D.

Check other Standard Deviation Questions in our Special Questions Directory.

New to the Math Forum?
Please read this: All You Need for Quant | PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW: 12 Rules for Posting!!!

Resources:
GMAT Math Book | Triangles | Polygons | Coordinate Geometry | Factorials | Circles | Number Theory | Remainders; 8. Overlapping Sets | PDF of Math Book; 10. Remainders | GMAT Prep Software Analysis | SEVEN SAMURAI OF 2012 (BEST DISCUSSIONS) | Tricky questions from previous years.

Collection of Questions:
PS: 1. Tough and Tricky questions; 2. Hard questions; 3. Hard questions part 2; 4. Standard deviation; 5. Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions; 6. Probability and Combinations Questions With Solutions; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 12 Easy Pieces (or not?); 9 Bakers' Dozen; 10 Algebra set. ,11 Mixed Questions, 12 Fresh Meat

DS: 1. DS tough questions; 2. DS tough questions part 2; 3. DS tough questions part 3; 4. DS Standard deviation; 5. Inequalities; 6. 700+ GMAT Data Sufficiency Questions With Explanations; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 The Discreet Charm of the DS; 9 Devil's Dozen!!!; 10 Number Properties set., 11 New DS set.

What are GMAT Club Tests?
Extra-hard Quant Tests with Brilliant Analytics

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Followers: 416

Kudos [?]: 111 [0], given: 0

Top 10 in overall
Re: Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above, [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2015, 01:00
Hello from the GMAT Club BumpBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.

GMAT Books | GMAT Club Tests | Best Prices on GMAT Courses | GMAT Mobile App | Math Resources | Verbal Resources

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 768

Re: Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above, [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2015, 01:10
mydreammba wrote:
Hi Bunnel,

1. 14, 16
2. 9, 21
3. 15, 100

Here is my reasoning

Now with Option 1

Thanks in advance

Regards
Srinath

Option 3: 15 and 100 will increase the SD the most. Option 2 would also increase the SD but not as much as Option 3 would.
Re: Which of the following pairs of numbers, when added to the set above,   [#permalink] 30 Dec 2015, 01:10

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 21 posts ]