1. MSA, MBA w/focus in Accounting, or Bachelors in accounting?
2. A little more in depth, since I live in CA we'll use CA schools, can you order these 4 degrees from most likely to get hired at a big four firm to least likely:
MSA from a prestigious school such as USC
MSA from a not so prestigious school such as CSU Fullerton
MBA with Accounting focus from a prestigious school such as UC Irvine or UCLA
BS in Accounting from a prestigious school such as Pepperdine or a UC.
1. MS Accounting(B.A. Accounting not necessary if you already have an UG degree) You'll be taking the classes you need for the CPA then grad level accounting courses.
2. Go to the school that has the best Big 4 on campus recruiting presence that you can afford. I wouldn't take out $50k in grad loans for an Accounting degree.
3. Get offer and get 2-5 yrs experience.
4. Apply to the best MBA programs you can get into.