Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Apr 2014, 22:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Which of these accounting degrees has the best job placement

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Which of these accounting degrees has the best job placement [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2012, 21:16
1. MSA, MBA w/focus in Accounting, or Bachelors in accounting?

2. A little more in depth, since I live in CA we'll use CA schools, can you order these 4 degrees from most likely to get hired at a big four firm to least likely:
MSA from a prestigious school such as USC
MSA from a not so prestigious school such as CSU Fullerton
MBA with Accounting focus from a prestigious school such as UC Irvine or UCLA
BS in Accounting from a prestigious school such as Pepperdine or a UC.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GPA: 2.65
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Which of these accounting degrees has the best job placement [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2012, 10:02
NumberSeven wrote:
1. MSA, MBA w/focus in Accounting, or Bachelors in accounting?

2. A little more in depth, since I live in CA we'll use CA schools, can you order these 4 degrees from most likely to get hired at a big four firm to least likely:
MSA from a prestigious school such as USC
MSA from a not so prestigious school such as CSU Fullerton
MBA with Accounting focus from a prestigious school such as UC Irvine or UCLA
BS in Accounting from a prestigious school such as Pepperdine or a UC.

1. MS Accounting(B.A. Accounting not necessary if you already have an UG degree) You'll be taking the classes you need for the CPA then grad level accounting courses.

2. Go to the school that has the best Big 4 on campus recruiting presence that you can afford. I wouldn't take out $50k in grad loans for an Accounting degree.

3. Get offer and get 2-5 yrs experience.

4. Apply to the best MBA programs you can get into.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Which of these accounting degrees has the best job placement [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2012, 10:12
RossBoothorBust wrote:
1. MS Accounting(B.A. Accounting not necessary if you already have an UG degree) You'll be taking the classes you need for the CPA then grad level accounting courses.

2. Go to the school that has the best Big 4 on campus recruiting presence that you can afford. I wouldn't take out $50k in grad loans for an Accounting degree.

3. Get offer and get 2-5 yrs experience.

4. Apply to the best MBA programs you can get into.

Well that's exactly what my plan is I just wanna know how well an MSA competes with the other accounting degrees as far as job placement.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Which of these accounting degrees has the best job placement [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 09:13
thank for sharing !!!
Re: Which of these accounting degrees has the best job placement   [#permalink] 05 Oct 2012, 09:13