Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 03:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Which online course: Kaplan or Manhattan?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Which online course: Kaplan or Manhattan? [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2012, 12:56
I sat for the GMAT last week and scored 460 (scaled scores: Quant - 34, verbal 20; total percentile - 23). I self-prepared with the Official GMAT guide. I need a score of 600 to apply for an EMBA program.

I plan to retake end of April but won't be able to attend a live GMAT class over the next two months. I want to go for an online class - so, I'm trying to decide which of the online courses would be better for me: the Kaplan online course or the Manhattan one? Any comments about either of the courses? Any other recommendations of how I could up my score to 600+?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: General Management (Military & Defense)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Which online course: Kaplan or Manhattan? [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2012, 02:22
Hi,
I would advice neither. Both are too expensive for what they offer
For verbal look at e-gmat verbal live course. Absolutely the best in market. They even offer 5 point jump guarentee in verbal.
As for quant buy manhattan strategy guide and go through them thoroughly. If you still feel a need study jeff sachman total gmat math
The material above gives high ROI
Best of luck for gmat

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 7

Re: Which online course: Kaplan or Manhattan? [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2012, 13:50
Hey,

I highly recommend that you try out both courses as a trial student and see which approach you like better. Manhattan GMAT's Live Online courses meet in a live, interactive classroom once a week for nine weeks. You'll learn from two 99th percentile instructors and you'll study the exact same curriculum as our in-person courses. Our curriculum focuses on content mastery, meaning that instead of just teaching tips and tricks, we teach you how to solve each and every problem type on the GMAT with confidence. We begin with the basics to build your foundation strong and work up to even the most advanced material. I'm confident you'll find our approach effective. We have plenty of trial classes starting soon! Take a look: http://www.manhattangmat.com/free-gmat-prep-course.cfm

Good luck!

Matt Mapplebeck | Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Which online course: Kaplan or Manhattan? [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2012, 13:47
I've tried both Kaplan and Manhattan trial online classes and I think both approaches are the same. They also both gave useful insight into solving quant problems, but I'm trying to decide which of the two I should go for, or even whether that's the best thing I should do - maybe, there are better options out there. I'm looking for the optimal way to up my score from 460 to 600+. I'll need to retake the exams before mid May.
Re: Which online course: Kaplan or Manhattan?   [#permalink] 28 Feb 2012, 13:47