I'd like to get suggestions what to do in the future.
Roman, 23, from Austria.
I am about to graduate from the most popular b-school in Austria (not too hard :D).
- attended high school with a major in (Automation) Engineering
- Nr 19 out of 1700 in class (based on GPA) of my university
- Majoring in Strategic Management & Management Control/ Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- worked in university projects with Airbus(innovation) and A.T. Kearney (real consulting project with 200 employees company)
- Have spent a term abroad at UCF in Florida
- 2 little summer internships in local companies during school
- (Army for 6 months)
- intern at little import/export company
- intern in management control department of 20.000 employees gambling machines manufacturer
- 1.5 years part-time work in little investment company alongside univesity
- intern in management control department of 1.000 employees sanitary company
- intern for Ernst & Young - Advisory, strategy consulting
- currently working for a 200 employee management consulting company (which is kind of big for Austria, McK, BCG isnt much bigger here) - in the non-profit, public, healthcare department (my company is nr1 in Austria in this sector)- alongside my last semester
- soccer (former captain of my team)
- 2 years of semi professional poker alongside school (legal at age 18)
- University Management club
- volunteer fire brigade
- sales manager for a international student organization (AIESEC)
German - native
English - fluent
Croatian - good
Spanish - basic
Sooooo... I am currently planning to do a Gap Year, cause the McKinsey Recruiter told me that I should add a major company to my resume (I guess because my high school grades sucked extremly hard), but she meant if I add a good internship to my CV I'm fine.
My ultimate goal is to finally move to the US. That's all I want - and I love Consulting, so I thought it's best to work as a consultant in order to be able to attend a top b-school in the US and hopefully I can land a consulting job there.
My resume maybe sounds good to you, but in fact I'm pretty much of a borderline case, cause my grades arent that extraordinary and my high school grades really suck...
What do u think is the best path for this? Should I do a GAP-Year and pursue a masters degree in UK before starting to work fulltime? Should I try to apply for consulting companies and skip the masters degree (in Europe you usually pursue a Masters degree). I really dont know which way would be best...
I really appreciate your help!