Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:18 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 660 Q51 V27
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [3]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GMAT 1: 660 Q51 V27
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [2]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Re: which school to apply [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi,

Practice will make you increase your energy during the exams so focus on that. But my suggestion is never underestimate yourself and think that you have average profile, low GMAT and work ex. Think about how can you increase your chances of getting admit with scholarship in the next couple of months. I would say this can be achieved only with giving more time for your application along with GMAT. Start planning about applications along with GMAT preparation. If you think to start after your GMAT then you will not be able to do justice for your application essays/recos. So suggest you to manage and give time for both application and GMAT prep. It is quite easy to increase your GMAT score within given timeline but it is not so easy to put your story convincingly within 300-500 words. So maintain balance between both. You can also PM your details to discuss further. Happy to assist :)

Regards,
Neha Singh

targetgmat123 wrote:
nehasingh1020 wrote:
Hi,

B-schools will judge you based on your overall profile so I would suggest you to apply with current score unless you are confident enough to improvise on your score without giving much time. Don't restrict yourself only on the basis of GMAT score. You can also consider applying to Emory, Rice, Rochester Simon, SMU Cox, Georgetown McDonough, Boston College in US Ivy and Rotman in Canada. Now after considering all these mix of schools you have right set of schools, now you should start preparation for your application essays/recos which are integral part of application and deciding factors about your candidature. Let me know if you have any questions, you can also PM your details for further discussion.

Regards,
Neha Singh

Hi,
Thanks for the wonderful advice.
Actually the thing is, it is not like i did not study well but i got exhausted in the exam by the time i came to verbal and just wanted to finish the test. I never got as high as 51 in quant in any of my mock tests but at the same time i also never got as low as 27 in verbal in any of the mock tests. So do you think by increasing my stamina i might score well?
Also my profile is average with just 3 years of work exp by the time i start my mba next year. So do you think i am competitive with this score in these b schools?
I have one more query that most of the b schools R1 will start in mid oct. So right now i have full one month. So why don't give it a another shot. But this is also true that i am never going to apply to top 15 b schools even if i get 750 as they are very expensive and to get a scholarship i have to be very competitive and for that i need to concentrate on tier 2 or 3 b schools with good gmat score.
These are the things that are confusing me and not letting me sleep.
Please advice me how to move forward...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Accounting (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Kudos
Let me just say that I highly recommend Wake Forest, out of all the business schools that I applied to, the level of attention that I got from them; no other school came even close. Wake Forest has a small class of about 60 students so the professors really care about the students as well as the career center staff, in addition to a great program wake forest is located in a cheap town (Winston-Salem) thus keeping your cost of living really low. Lastly the campus is beautiful.

On the other hand, I would tell you to be careful with "Thunderbird". Thunderbird is one of those schools that sound really nice on paper but on the reality it just doesn't work. Thunderbird sells itself as a '"Global MBA" program, really? What does that even mean?? Who hires a Global MBA candidate? If you look at their employment rate over 50% of the their graduating class does not have a job by graduation.

Anyway just thought I would give you my option, best of luck in whatever you decide to do !
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts