Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 12:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Which schools in Top 20 do profile review ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 308 [0], given: 190

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Which schools in Top 20 do profile review ? [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2013, 03:19
Done with GMAT and will be applying to US Top 20 schools in the coming Fall. I want to know if any schools could do a brief profile overview and give some suggestions such as: improve GMAT, do some extra- curriculars, do some certifications, gain different kind of experience.
Are there any schools that encourage this kind of communication ? If yes which are these schools and when is the best time to approach them.

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 113 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Which schools in Top 20 do profile review ? [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2013, 03:21
None that I know of. This is why admissions consultants exist. If you would like a free candidacy assessment, please contact our office and we will be happy to perform one.

Kimberly Plaga
Senior Admissions Consultant
Manhattan Review

Call for a free candidacy assessment.

Manhattan Review GMAT Prep & MBA Admissions Consulting
Web: http://www.manhattanreview.com | Phone: +1.212.316.2000
Receive 20% off Admissions Consultings as GMATClub member!

Chat Moderator
Schools: Johnson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 196 [0], given: 57

Premium Member
Re: Which schools in Top 20 do profile review ? [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2013, 03:21
AbhiJ wrote:
Done with GMAT and will be applying to US Top 20 schools in the coming Fall. I want to know if any schools could do a brief profile overview and give some suggestions such as: improve GMAT, do some extra- curriculars, do some certifications, gain different kind of experience.
Are there any schools that encourage this kind of communication ? If yes which are these schools and when is the best time to approach them.

I don't think any schools will evaluate your profile before you apply.

The only school that I can think of that does something along those lines is Tuck, who might offer you a ding analysis if you've been rejected, and were a competitive candidate.

My Applicant Blog: http://hamm0.wordpress.com/

Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 6

Re: Which schools in Top 20 do profile review ? [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 21:51
Hi,

You can write about your profile and ask queries to the MBA admissions office of your shortlisted b-schools. Meanwhile, you can try your chances in b-schools by clicking http://www.general-ed.com/bschool-selector.

Cheers!!
Neha

AbhiJ wrote:

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 308 [0], given: 190

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Which schools in Top 20 do profile review ? [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2013, 07:16
I agree that schools usually don't do profile review through official channels. However think that if one can find the right person and develop some sort of rapport (visiting schools , giving phone calls ) it may be possible. Whether it will be worth the effort (when we have ex admissions officers offering free advice) is another issue.

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Re: Which schools in Top 20 do profile review ?   [#permalink] 12 Apr 2013, 07:16