Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 06:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Which schools offer feedback for rejected applicants?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
SVP
SVP
Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 176 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Which schools offer feedback for rejected applicants? [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2008, 09:10
See topic

Check out the new Career Forum
http://gmatclub.com/forum/133

Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2010
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Which schools offer feedback for rejected applicants? [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2008, 09:22
i know wharton does
SVP
SVP
Schools: Ross '10
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 161 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Which schools offer feedback for rejected applicants? [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2008, 10:56
I think Wharton used to do it. This year, I got an email that they are offering a common rejected applicants chat rather than 1-on-1 counseling. Anyone have a feedback session with W this year?

dabots wrote:
i know wharton does
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Which schools offer feedback for rejected applicants? [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2008, 11:00
Columbia does.

Rhyme´s guide to interviewing
http://www.gmatclub.com/forum/t55030

Kwam's Profile
111-t57360

Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2011
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Which schools offer feedback for rejected applicants? [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2008, 12:03
I believe Tuck does as well.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Which schools offer feedback for rejected applicants? [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2008, 16:51
I have a feedback session scheduled with Wharton. From what I understand, it is a process where you request to have a 15 minute feedback chat with a member of adcom and they randomly choose people who have submitted such requests. My session is scheduled for mid-June. Just to let everyone know, I was rejected after an interview. I would imagine that priority for feedback is given to those that were either interviewed or waitlisted.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Which schools offer feedback for rejected applicants? [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2008, 09:03
Whats the process for requesting feedback for Columbia?
Thx
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Which schools offer feedback for rejected applicants? [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2008, 09:17
vchhaochharia wrote:
Whats the process for requesting feedback for Columbia?
Thx

Last year they sent an email with instructions on how to "apply" for feedback. They only give feedback to those who show interest in reapplying. If you are selected, they will do a feedback session over the phone or via email.
Not sure how it is going to be handled this year.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 692 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Which schools offer feedback for rejected applicants? [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2008, 12:47
Feedback seems to be on the outs...every year fewer and fewer schools offer it. I think that as applications increase schools dont have the resources to deal with thousands of rejected students. Just because someone offered it this year doesnt mean they will next.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Which schools offer feedback for rejected applicants? [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2008, 04:26
ncprasad wrote:
I think Wharton used to do it. This year, I got an email that they are offering a common rejected applicants chat rather than 1-on-1 counseling. Anyone have a feedback session with W this year?

dabots wrote:
i know wharton does

I got the same e-mail.
Manager
Manager

Re: Which schools offer feedback for rejected applicants? [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2008, 05:36
Yes me too. However, after I had requested it, they said they did not choose me via the random selection process
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Which schools offer feedback for rejected applicants? [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2008, 06:02
vchhaochharia wrote:
Yes me too. However, after I had requested it, they said they did not choose me via the random selection process

Yeah, that's the one. It basically said too many people wanted individual feedback so not everyone was selected. Therefore, they were doing a group feedback chat. But what's the point of that? It's gonna be so generalized, it won't help.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 64

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Which schools offer feedback for rejected applicants? [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2008, 06:52
I believe Haas does IF you get an interview and didn't get in.

GMAT Club Knowledge Vault:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/123
Haas Ambassador
http://gmatclub.com/forum/128-t62555
Kryzak's Profile:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t56286
Member Essays:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t50969

SVP
SVP
Schools: The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Which schools offer feedback for rejected applicants? [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2008, 18:31
Duke generally does not - too much demand and too few re-applications. If you came to the Weekend for Women or the Minority Workshop then they will provide feedback.
Re: Which schools offer feedback for rejected applicants?   [#permalink] 09 Jun 2008, 18:31