Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Which schools should I apply for? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi - I think you have a good profile and like the solid consulting work mixed with the entrepreneurial endeavor. It shows you are multidimensional and capable of taking risk. I would encourage you apply to HBS/Wharton/Insead/LBS - you might also like Chicago/Kellogg. I'd suggest applying to a couple of safety schools as well since all the schools you list would be 'reach' schools.

I'm fine with your GPAs but was wondering how many times you've sat the GMAT? If only once or twice you might consider taking it one last time. I feel like it would help your overall application to have a 720 if possible.

As far as funding your MBA - at top US schools you'll have loans available to you from private lendors. You won't get a full scholarship at any of these schools - nobody does (with a couple exceptions).

Feel free to reach out if you'd like to chat.
Leah

Quote:
Hey all,

I'm sure there are a million of these topics posted but I was wondering if someone with a bit of experience could give my profile a look. I'm looking to start the MBA application process and it'd be great to get an idea of what tier school I should focus my energy on.

Australian
28 yo
Male
3 years in top 5 global management consulting firm
700 GMAT
Undergrad GPA 3.7 (top 5 school in Aus) - Architecture
Masters GPA 3.5 (top 3 school in Aus) - Management
A couple of academic and leadership based scholarships
Co-founded a start up that achieved reasonable success but never turned over revenue
Solid ECs
Bi-lingual
Worked in Australia and Europe

Should I bother applying for HSW/LBS/INSEAD? Or should I be targeting the next rung down? Bearing in mind that getting some sort of scholarship would be a factor for me.

Thanks so much for your help!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Which schools should I apply for? [#permalink]