Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 06:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

WHICH SCORES SHOULD I REPORT?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

WHICH SCORES SHOULD I REPORT? [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2003, 10:36
I took the GMAT twice and I am not sure which set of scores to report. They are below:

1) Verbal - 39 (89%)
Quant - 41 (64%)
Total - 650

2) Verbal - 29 (56%)
Quant - 48 (87%)
Total - 640

obviously the 650 is better than the 640, but if i report the 650, my quant is only at a 64%, whereas the quant % of my 640 score is at 87%.

if the quant is so much more important than the verbal, i am thinking i may want to report the 640. does anyone have any insight?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2003, 01:57
Well, IMHO it's better to take the test one more time, as the results of the previous two are very contradictory. I think that the third attempt will be more successive than the first ones.

If you don't have an opportunity to retake the test I'd advise you to report 650 score as it has more balanced in Q/V ratio

:wink:

Too much is not enough...

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2003, 15:49
It really depends on the program to which you're applying. If you are applying to a place that puts emphasis on quant (Wharton, Cal) then you should report both so that you show the highest possible quant score. If this isn't a concern (which I suspect is not the case), then you would only want to report the 650. If you cannot take the test again I would definitely recommend submitting both.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2003, 19:32
but can't you only report 1 set of scores?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2003, 19:14
When you request your scores from ETS, they report the four most recent scores from tests taken within the last 5 years. You don't get to choose which one to report.

Some school apps let you put more than one test result on the application, but they'll still see all of your scores.

Your best bet really is to retake. You need to be much more balanced between Q & V and they will surely ask what happened.
  [#permalink] 28 Sep 2003, 19:14