Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:53 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos

What stage are you on right now?

You may select 1 option
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Before I took the GMAT I was hanging in the other forums and getting advice on test-taking tips and whatnot. Now when I check out those boards I can't relate at all to the people who are stressing about the test.

So I'm looking forward to the day when I'm admitted and I've accepted, and I can come back here and read people (like me) who are posting things like, "I just realized that when I mailed in my transcripts, I used a commemorative postage stamp that had George Washington on it, do you think using a stamp like this instead of a standard American flag stamp will affect my chances of admission?" The same sick obsession I had w/ the GMAT is now focused on this next step. When does it end? Once you're accepted somewhere do you then start getting obsessed with how to ramp up for school by brushing up on stats and stuff?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
johnnyx9 wrote:
"I just realized that when I mailed in my transcripts, I used a commemorative postage stamp that had George Washington on it, do you think using a stamp like this instead of a standard American flag stamp will affect my chances of admission?"

Ha ha..man i can relate to you. the only difference in my case was that the stamp in question as a Happy Birthday stamp :-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
johnnyx9 wrote:
Before I took the GMAT I was hanging in the other forums and getting advice on test-taking tips and whatnot. Now when I check out those boards I can't relate at all to the people who are stressing about the test.

So I'm looking forward to the day when I'm admitted and I've accepted, and I can come back here and read people (like me) who are posting things like, "I just realized that when I mailed in my transcripts, I used a commemorative postage stamp that had George Washington on it, do you think using a stamp like this instead of a standard American flag stamp will affect my chances of admission?" The same sick obsession I had w/ the GMAT is now focused on this next step. When does it end? Once you're accepted somewhere do you then start getting obsessed with how to ramp up for school by brushing up on stats and stuff?

he he..That's really funny. You're right. GMAT seems like a piece of cake now. I rarely visit the GMAT section here. But I stress about the apps and stalk on this forum all day.
You're also right that it never ends; but that's life, i guess.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have reached that "zen" state of mind. Questions like "Does the adcom take a peek at our applications ?" amuse me. I guess once you are done, the insecurities fall out of the window...

johnnyx9 wrote:

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
How about...

Admitted to a non-dream school (at least not my intial dream when I started this) with a solid and good aid so very happy. But still waiting to hear from the rest, but will not be disappointed if nothing else comes thru.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am entering a trance! The adcom with the interview invite will have to wake me up!
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
imjimmy wrote:
johnnyx9 wrote:

he he..That's really funny. You're right. GMAT seems like a piece of cake now. I rarely visit the GMAT section here. But I stress about the apps and stalk on this forum all day.
You're also right that it never ends; but that's life, i guess.

hehe, true! While working on the GMAT, I thot the application was the easy part!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Admitted to a dream school and to a back up school with full scholarship. I am probably going to go to my dream school; money is not everything :wink:
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
nadia0410 wrote:
Admitted to a dream school and to a back up school with full scholarship. I am probably going to go to my dream school; money is not everything :wink:

Congrats! Wish I was also in your position!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks, sm176811!!! Good luck with your app. process!!!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks everyone for your feedback.
As I write this message, I count 23 people that applied this year and haven't been admitted anywhere yet (including myself). No wonder the anxiety is all over the board!

Good luck to everyone!

Cheers. L.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Considering it's been hovering around ten degrees the last couple weeks here in Boston, I would totally be willing to skip the next month of my life just to fast-forward to some admissions decisions.

Anyone ever see that SNL fake commercial that's a take-off on NyQuil, except you drink like a big tub of it and sleep all winter? It was Chris Farley, he guzzles gallons of this green stuff and hibernates for the winter while other colds and flus "come and go" and then he wakes up in the spring feeling great.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm in with that big group, interviewed but have not heard back from anywhere yet. Bad news could be just around the corner though, as there is less than a week to go before the drop-dead date for a Wharton interview invite.

I will feel a lot better when I have my first admit in my hands - assuming any are forthcoming at all.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Pelihu,

Any dings you get will be because of a school's "yield complex."
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]