Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2014, 03:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Which Tests I should buy? Veritas or GMATPrep?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V25
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 9

GMAT ToolKit User
Which Tests I should buy? Veritas or GMATPrep? [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2014, 07:28
Hi GMAT Club,

My GMAT is on Jan 11th. I took Magoosh Package for GMAT and I will be completing my practice by the end of this week. But, I am desperate for some mocks and I want a similar test experience. I took practice tests of Veritas. I really liked their analysis of my performance. I have taken manhattan and will be taking my GMAT Pill Free Test tomorrow. I exhausted my 2 GMAT Prep Tests.
I think you all know Veritas is offering 5 tests for 49$ and the GMAC is offering 2 additional GMATPrep tests for 40$ and, I am stuck on choosing either of them.
Can anyone please guide me on which one should I take considering the time remaining for my actual GMAT? :)

Kudos is the best way to say Thank you.
Believe in yourself! Practice more and good score in GMAT is for sure :)

Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Which Tests I should buy? Veritas or GMATPrep? [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2014, 11:55
Nothing comes close to official material. I have used questions from Veritas Q bank and they are certainly not bad - however I took my third test with exam pack-1 and could clearly see a few new topics in quant I had never seen before. Verbal was similar, if anything the few CR appeared harder and overall scoring seem to have been harder (could be my own test experience in verbal - I am yet to take the second test).

So hand down buy exam pack-1.
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 278

Kudos [?]: 615 [0], given: 5

Re: Which Tests I should buy? Veritas or GMATPrep? [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2014, 15:15
Expert's post
As expected, the GMATPrep material is best for practice tests. In case you are looking for a free option, you can always check out the one we have here: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... ctice-test

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Which Tests I should buy? Veritas or GMATPrep? [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2014, 18:39
sophrosyne wrote:
Nothing comes close to official material. I have used questions from Veritas Q bank and they are certainly not bad - however I took my third test with exam pack-1 and could clearly see a few new topics in quant I had never seen before. Verbal was similar, if anything the few CR appeared harder and overall scoring seem to have been harder (could be my own test experience in verbal - I am yet to take the second test).

So hand down buy exam pack-1.

Thank you sophrosyne !! That was helpful :)

Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Which Tests I should buy? Veritas or GMATPrep? [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2014, 18:40
GMATPill wrote:
As expected, the GMATPrep material is best for practice tests. In case you are looking for a free option, you can always check out the one we have here: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... ctice-test

Hi,

Thank you GMATPill. I am going to take your free test. ! :)

Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1035

Kudos [?]: 4510 [0], given: 162

Re: Which Tests I should buy? Veritas or GMATPrep? [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2014, 21:13
Expert's post
madhavsrinivas wrote:
Hi GMAT Club,

My GMAT is on Jan 11th. I took Magoosh Package for GMAT and I will be completing my practice by the end of this week. But, I am desperate for some mocks and I want a similar test experience. I took practice tests of Veritas. I really liked their analysis of my performance. I have taken manhattan and will be taking my GMAT Pill Free Test tomorrow. I exhausted my 2 GMAT Prep Tests.
I think you all know Veritas is offering 5 tests for 49$ and the GMAC is offering 2 additional GMATPrep tests for 40$ and, I am stuck on choosing either of them.
Can anyone please guide me on which one should I take considering the time remaining for my actual GMAT? :)

Let me also weight in here though we will not get into the official material vs our material debate. Official material is after all official though we closely replicate its level (and try to add our own useful touches too!)

But I will point out a few things about our tests:
1. They are brand new - we have created these tests in the past few months and we update them on a very regular basis. This means that our questions are based on the format currently tested and takes into account the small shifts we see in a span of a few months (e.g. the length of the RC passages, the number of DS questions, the errors tested in SC questions etc)
2. Our tests offer you great analysis and hence useful feedback. They are not just for practice. They tell you what to do after taking the test.
3. Also, we offer 5 tests. Even if you take only one or two right now, you will have 3 new tests to practice should you plan to improve your score even more by planning to take the test again at a later date.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 242

CAT Tests
Re: Which Tests I should buy? Veritas or GMATPrep? [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2014, 00:34
GMATPill wrote:

After taking the free practice tests, Can I access the solutions of the question also.

last time I couldn't and that is reason , I am not recommending this to anyone. If you look for veritasprep, manhattangmat free tests, I can access the solutions as well apart from just the OA.

My personal note: veritasprep questions were close to the gmatprep. I am planning to buy veritasprep, I already have manhattangmat mocks with me.

Thanks,
Kinjal
Never Give Up !!!

Please click on Kudos, if you think the post is helpful

Re: Which Tests I should buy? Veritas or GMATPrep?   [#permalink] 03 Jan 2014, 00:34