Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 12:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Who's saving most of their applications for R2?

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 2308
Schools: Darden
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 421 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Who's saving most of their applications for R2? [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2006, 22:53
I'm busily chipping away at my applications and it's exciting and nerve wracking to watch the people that applied for R1 report their news. Just wondering who will be here waiting with me nervously for the R2 results. Traditionally, more apps are submitted in R2 than R1 right? I wonder if that's the case here, or if I'm the only slacker.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 727
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2006, 23:30
Well... I submitted Cornell to their super early round 1 so should hear back on that next week. I will submit Dartmouth for "November Round" which will report early Jan. The outcome of Cornell will be nice because it will help me to gauge what to do next... If I don't get in I'll apply to Michigan, Duke, and maybe even Kelly to be safe. If I get into Cornell and get some $ than I will apply to a few reach schools for R2. It seems like a reasonable strategy for me. I'm concerned with going to business school someplace good and if I get in someplace good that I am happy with like Cornell I'll apply to some reaches (UChicago, Wharton) and if I do not get into them I will be happy with my first admit. I'm not going to spend my whole life applying in the hopes of getting into a number 8 ranked school rather than a 15th ranked school.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 223
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2006, 01:47
uhm, In case you get in Cornell(very probable), you will have to deposit. What will you do in that situation?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 03 Nov 2006
Posts: 161
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2006, 04:30
I'm only applying for second rounds.

My first one to INSEAD will go out next week and the remainder will follow from then until the end of the year.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 08 Aug 2006
Posts: 346
Location: San Francisco
Schools: Berkeley Haas
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2006, 04:40
I'm a slacker as well. :) Nothing strategic in that, however, - I simply missed R1 deadlines due to darn TOEFL. Didn't expect it to have 3-week enrollment offset. :(
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 16 Aug 2005
Posts: 950
Location: France
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2006, 05:41
Yea im applying to schools in round II as well. Started late and work pressure and other things did not allow me to complete the apps in time for round 1
_________________

I believe its yogurt!

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 223
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2006, 05:45
braindancer wrote:
I'm a slacker as well. :) Nothing strategic in that, however, - I simply missed R1 deadlines due to darn TOEFL. Didn't expect it to have 3-week enrollment offset. :(

what is it?

I think it is okie if you take Toefl before the deadline. Just let the adcoms know, and update your score later.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 08 Aug 2006
Posts: 346
Location: San Francisco
Schools: Berkeley Haas
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2006, 05:59
Well, that could be possible, but my TOEFL itself was *after* deadlines in my schools of interest.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2006
Posts: 444
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Who's saving most of their applications for R2? [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2006, 07:14
pelihu wrote:
I'm busily chipping away at my applications and it's exciting and nerve wracking to watch the people that applied for R1 report their news. Just wondering who will be here waiting with me nervously for the R2 results. Traditionally, more apps are submitted in R2 than R1 right? I wonder if that's the case here, or if I'm the only slacker.


hey, I am with you!:lol:
Looks like we are applying to a couple of same schools.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 727
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2006, 09:55
Some of the others can clearify... but I believe that Cornell round 1 you don't have to make any decision on for several months because while unnaturally early it is still a "regular round" not like an early acceptance or special binding type round.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 2308
Schools: Darden
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 421 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2006, 10:23
Cool. It will be great to have some people to wait and commiserate with.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 499
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2006, 12:10
I did 3 round 1's and the rest will be round 2....so unless I get into a round 1 I will be right there with you. Good luck.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 252

Kudos [?]: 1530 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2006, 13:04
Mark4124 wrote:
Some of the others can clearify... but I believe that Cornell round 1 you don't have to make any decision on for several months because while unnaturally early it is still a "regular round" not like an early acceptance or special binding type round.


Cornell deposit is due Jan 16, one day prior to the HBS notification date. :)
(Thats how I remember it).

It's usually only about $1000, so if you really end up eating it, it's not a ton of money (relative to the total cost at least).
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 252

Kudos [?]: 1530 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2006, 13:07
Mark4124 wrote:
Well... I submitted Cornell to their super early round 1 so should hear back on that next week. I will submit Dartmouth for "November Round" which will report early Jan. The outcome of Cornell will be nice because it will help me to gauge what to do next... If I don't get in I'll apply to Michigan, Duke, and maybe even Kelly to be safe. If I get into Cornell and get some $ than I will apply to a few reach schools for R2. It seems like a reasonable strategy for me. I'm concerned with going to business school someplace good and if I get in someplace good that I am happy with like Cornell I'll apply to some reaches (UChicago, Wharton) and if I do not get into them I will be happy with my first admit. I'm not going to spend my whole life applying in the hopes of getting into a number 8 ranked school rather than a 15th ranked school.


This is essentially my thinking. If Cornell rejects me, it seems unlikely Kellogg Harvard or Chicago will accept me. With that in mind, I applied ot Cornell's R1 because I will know so early from them - early enough to consider throwing down a few other applications for R2 if need be. If Cornell accepts, I plan on waiting on Kellogg and Chicago (January 4 and Jan 7 decisions). If they reject, I'll re-apply part time. If that fails too, I'll decide what to do at that point.

Does anyone know of a site that lists the deadlines for all top 25 schools in a nice clean table? It would be helpful to able to see them one after another.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Posts: 928
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2006, 23:39
blog.clearadmit.com does not have a nice neat table, but atleast its a beginning...
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Posts: 230
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2006, 06:31
pelihu wrote:
Cool. It will be great to have some people to wait and commiserate with.


count me in too...just applied to my top school in the first round...rest all have been pushed to round 2...

that means if i get an interview invite from my top school it will be the first one :shock: ...am not sure if this is good or bad :?:

let's see how it goes
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 04 Jul 2006
Posts: 58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2006, 13:28
I'm glad I'm only doing a couple in R2 because the post submission laziness form R1 has hit...ahh don't feel like doing anything...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 499
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2006, 14:18
ap663 wrote:
I'm glad I'm only doing a couple in R2 because the post submission laziness form R1 has hit...ahh don't feel like doing anything...


Yeah man - its been tough getting work done since the rd 1's have all been completed. I gotta get a move on before work starts getting too time consuming.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 252

Kudos [?]: 1530 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2006, 17:28
ap663 wrote:
I'm glad I'm only doing a couple in R2 because the post submission laziness form R1 has hit...ahh don't feel like doing anything...


Yea, this is me. I've got everything riding on just four applications right now. I've been debating preparing my part time applications for Kellogg and GSB now so that if I do get a reject I can hit submit ASAP afterwards.
  [#permalink] 12 Nov 2006, 17:28
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
1 R2 Application and Visa Issues finmaster 1 18 Jun 2012, 02:19
Application Status R2 cahobs 2 28 Jan 2011, 21:31
Who is applying in R2? foodstamp 61 14 Oct 2008, 09:20
Experts publish their posts in the topic profile applicant for R2 prospective mba 3 13 Nov 2007, 09:49
R3 applicants compete with R2? gmat_newb 2 17 Mar 2007, 11:31
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Who's saving most of their applications for R2?

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.