Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Dec 2014, 00:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Why there is a LSAT forum on gmatclub?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Why there is a LSAT forum on gmatclub? [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2012, 21:37
Last time I checked, this is still gmatclub, right?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 123

Kudos [?]: 632 [0], given: 114

Re: Why there is a LSAT forum on gmatclub? [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2012, 19:41
Yes, you are correct, but since there are MBA/JD programs, it would be considered important enough to atleast have some discussion about the LSAT on the forum. If you apply for this joint degree they will expect both the LSAT and GMAT to consider your application.

Also, we an area for GRE b/c some MBA programs are now accepting these test scores.

Obviously though, the GMAT dominates our forums, but we would be silly to not consider our broad range of users and their needs.

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: UCSD (D)
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 2.99
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 66

Re: Why there is a LSAT forum on gmatclub? [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2012, 12:23
Personally I have been using LSAT tests to prepare for the Reading Comprehension and Logical Reasoning Parts of the GMAT. The RC is harder and so are the LR questions.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status: schools I listed were for the evening programs, not FT
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 3: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE: Research (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 50

Re: Why there is a LSAT forum on gmatclub? [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2012, 18:05
gmatpunjabi wrote:
Personally I have been using LSAT tests to prepare for the Reading Comprehension and Logical Reasoning Parts of the GMAT. The RC is harder and so are the LR questions.

True, but there are LSAT logical reasoning question types that just don't occur on the GMAT, like parallel reasoning (and flawed parallel reasoning), and questions like point of agreement (harder than it sounds) and method of reasoning. The reading comprehension passages are much longer than what you see on the GMAT as well. I think the material on the Official Guide and the Manhattan guides are sufficient for CR study.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: UCSD (D)
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 2.99
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 66

Re: Why there is a LSAT forum on gmatclub? [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2012, 19:12
Thats very true, but I have burned up all the RC and CR Questions( Manhattan, OG12, Verbal REview 2 and a good part of OG10)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status: schools I listed were for the evening programs, not FT
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 3: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE: Research (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 50

Re: Why there is a LSAT forum on gmatclub? [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2012, 20:02
okay, in that case I would just look at LSAT questions where the question types parallel those of the GMAT. Don't worry about the parallel reasoning, etc.
Re: Why there is a LSAT forum on gmatclub?   [#permalink] 16 Jan 2012, 20:02