Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Apr 2014, 23:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Why Verbal Why!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 3

Why Verbal Why!!! [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2014, 12:24
This post received
KUDOS
Hi
I am new to this forum as a user and this is my first and sad feeling post,
Today I gave my GMAT after a month prep and was feeling very sad about my result due to various reason....
My Score 570 Q47 V23 (disappointing isnt it)

During some my prep test like manhattan(Q44V30),veritas(Q45,V29),gmatprep I was getting around 30-32 but after 2 weeks of practice I was having hope for better which turned out the worst nightmare

Reasons which I think could be the culprit:

First I was there in centre half hour earlier but I wasnt allowed to sit for GMAT because Government ID was not allowed only passport in INDIA for Identification, Can anybody be so silly? Answer:Meet me.
I hoped on my bike to get my Passport as soon as I can (my home is 40-45 mins drive far from centre) but I only had 50 mins to get back to the centre , thankfully they granted me 20 min time extra
So after zooming on my bike at speeds of 80-90kmph through traffic I reached on time but was feeling a bit out of breath.

Started with essay and went well,than in IR did a bit slow but scored 4.
And Quant was going as I had expected.
Then came the Monster Verbal at starting for upto 15 questions everything was fine but after that it was like I was not even able to read passages and sentences properly I was getting slower and slower in solving I had something like 12 question to solve in 10 mins at last so obviously I guessed few and finished.
I knew my score would be poor and so it was!!!!

Thats not all I did one more silly part was thats I thought of applying to colleges at 2-3 rounds by getting good scores this month but now since scores are not good and I cant give exam in next 31 days my MBA plan is shifted to next year but I am planning to give my gmat in next 45 days again, this time mainly 4/5 giving time to verbal.But I dont know exactly how to prepare
Even the sentences in GMAT where looking tougher and different than other pactice test or sample questions.

I had studied Aristotle for SC ,Bible for CR and 15-20 Different RC from variety of sources.
I didnt got the time to go through Manhattan SC which I wanted to.
I also did practice from OG13 for SC but the questions seemed easier in comparison to Gmat questions.
I did less practice for CR from OG only 20 or so which I am gonna do know.

So my request to each and every soul in this forum is that please help me in deciding my steps in next 6 weeks to score 40+ or atleast what can I do to improve my score other than practice.
Also note during these 45 days I have to give toefl as well and I dont wanna spend more money unless compulsary.
Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Why Verbal Why!!! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2014, 12:10
Please can someone help me here!!!
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT Date: 03-04-2014
GPA: 3.77
WE: Analyst (Retail Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 27 [2] , given: 7

Re: Why Verbal Why!!! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2014, 12:30
This post received
KUDOS
Judging from your experience; I'd say your problem is not only the verbal section, but also mental fatigue (in part)?

Like you said, there's no way around this but more practice; recognize your weaknesses and attack them directly. Do more and more CATs to increase your endurance. According to what you wrote, your performance on the verbal section did not end on a good note; getting tired after the 15th question is understandable but not acceptable.

Your quant score is solid and I think even the slightest improvement in your verbal would lead to a huge leap in your overall score. Stay motivated, you can do it! :)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Why Verbal Why!!! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2014, 13:25
Could you recommend some best sources for SC in Verbal
By the Way thanks for your help Abdul!
Re: Why Verbal Why!!!   [#permalink] 31 Jan 2014, 13:25