Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 03:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Winning Prep ebook

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Winning Prep ebook [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2007, 19:50
From one of the ads appearing on this forum, I went to the below site and ended up buying an ebook.

http://www.winningprep.com

The price was around $30 and the website promises a lot about the book so I decided to give it a go. If I learn even a few things from the book, that should be worth my 30 bucks and the website offered a no question asked money back guarantee if I didn't like the book.

I paid through Paypal and got the book emailed the next day. I opened the pdf file and secrets for 780 scores turned out to be GMAT test taking instructions copied from 2-3 other books and no other information.

I politely sent an email to the site owner (someone from India) and asked for a refund as the book was clearly not what they promised on the website. Few days past and no answer so send another email and still no answer. In the end, I raise a dispute with Paypal and decide to report the website to scam alert and other fraud investigation agencies and following up with them now.

Please beware of this website and other websites which offer quick tips for high scores. There are no tips for a high score but hard work.

I would request the mods to please block their ad from appearing on this site - it can be done from adsense preferences where you can block certain websites as ad showing on GMATClub was the only factor in my purchase of this book from a fraudulent website.

Hope this helps anyone planning to buy GMAT prep stuff online.

Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

winningprep [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2007, 15:32
Hello,

This seems to be an attempt by a disgrunted person to defame a legitimate site.

I am the administrator of this site and at this time, we have NO disputes pending in Paypal. What are you talking about mate?

The objective of this site is not to make money (The authors are already in very well paid jobs), but to try to help the student community, while at the same time generating enough revenue to keep the site going.

In the short time that we have been live, there have been hundreds of happy visitors and customers.

We are all in full time jobs, so there might be occasional delays in responding to email queries, but writing such an objectionable post is no answer.

It is unfortunate that such defamatory posts are bringing an extremely useful forum like the gmatclub into unnecessary controversy.

Anyways, it takes all kinds to make up the world.

Justin
Administrator
Winningprep
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: winningprep [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2007, 17:49
gmatmath01 wrote:
Hello,

This seems to be an attempt by a disgrunted person to defame a legitimate site.

I am the administrator of this site and at this time, we have NO disputes pending in Paypal. What are you talking about mate?

The objective of this site is not to make money (The authors are already in very well paid jobs), but to try to help the student community, while at the same time generating enough revenue to keep the site going.

In the short time that we have been live, there have been hundreds of happy visitors and customers.

We are all in full time jobs, so there might be occasional delays in responding to email queries, but writing such an objectionable post is no answer.

It is unfortunate that such defamatory posts are bringing an extremely useful forum like the gmatclub into unnecessary controversy.

Anyways, it takes all kinds to make up the world.

Justin
Administrator
Winningprep

Justin,

Thanks for your private message and I have sent you details regarding my refund request including a Paypal dispute raised a couple of months ago.

I don't agree to most of what you said. I am not disputing the quality of your content and the legitimacy of claims that you make as it will be a totally different discussion. It was my fault too to think that an ebook will deliver secrets to score 780 but then it was 'NO Questions Asked' refund policy claim that I ended up buying the book.

I raised a Paypal dispute, sent over 7-8 emails asking for so called 'NO Questions Asked' and there is no response for over two months now. How can you justify this on any ground?? I understand that you guys must be busy people but your customers don't have to suffer because you don't have time to respond to emails.

I hope that you take it in a constructive sense and listen to consumer complaints to improve your services.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

www.winningprep.com [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2007, 00:09
Hello,

By the Way, your payment has been refunded.
What is surprising is that Our Paypal account has shown no dispute in the last two months!!

But after doing some more investigations, we did find out your purchase details from your private message.

Anyways, hopefully this matter is laid to rest now.

An overwhelming content on our site is totally FREE.

Given the fact that the authors and myself are trying to juggle too many balls in the air, incidences like these are bound to occur.

I don't think the solution for us is to stop giving back to the community all of us came from.

At this time, we could probably do with some volunteers!!! But again, we don't want to be starting another Gmat Club!!

Anyways, let us discuss internally the best way forward, any ideas please pm me.

In the meantime, a very best of luck with your GMAT prep.

Justin

http://www.winningprep.com
www.winningprep.com   [#permalink] 10 Oct 2007, 00:09